Solutions Architect - Security (East Coast)
Fortanix is a dynamic start-up solving some of the world’s most demanding data protection challenges for companies and governments around the world. Our disruptive technology maintains data privacy across its entire lifecycle -- at rest, in motion, and in use across any enterprise IT infrastructure -- public cloud, on-premise, hybrid cloud, and SaaS.
With key strategic partners like Microsoft, Intel, ServiceNow, and Snowflake, Fortanix customers like PayPal, Google & Adidas are reaping the benefits. Recognized by Gartner as a “Cool Vendor”, Fortanix is revolutionizing cyber security.
Join the revolution!
Why work with us?
We're seeking passionate people to work with us to change the very idea of how people use cloud computing. We take pride in making Fortanix a great place to work. Coworkers recognize that great ideas can come from anyone, and everyone is encouraged to jump in, contribute, and ask questions. In tackling the hardest problems, we believe that working together will produce better solutions.
Working at the forefront of Confidential Computing, the Solutions Architect will work with Fortanix' large enterprise and government customers and roles are available according to experience. Across different industries and use-cases, the Solutions Architect will be responsible for the definition of complex solutions that protect data and applications in use and manage the implementation of scalable solutions that leverage Fortanix products, partner technology, and cloud services to meet the security requirements of the customer.
The Solutions Architect will:
- Support the global Fortanix Sales team in the identification of customer use-case requirements.
- Consult with customer stakeholders at CTO/CISO level to define project objectives and delivery timescales.
- Document hardware, software, cloud services, and critical dependencies forming the solution architecture.
- Maintain all project documentation and timing plans to ensure efficient and effective delivery of projects from initial inquiry, through POC, to production deployment.
- Develop and contribute to the delivery of security requirements, standards, and technical roadmaps for Fortanix products, to support the Engineer Director/Product Manager.
- Become a subject matter expert in specific features and applications of cryptography.
- Research and keep up to date with the cyber threat landscape addressed by cryptography.
- Construct playbooks and technical demonstrations to support the Fortanix Sales Engineering team.
- Contribute product demonstrations, whitepapers, and case studies, in support of Fortanix and partner marketing activity.
The Solutions Architect should have broad expertise and knowledge of data and applications security, cryptography, cloud services, and automation. Required skills include:
- Experience leading customer consultation and technical interface activity at senior level.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-starter with entrepreneurial orientation, sound business acumen, and a commercial outlook.
- Capable of working under pressure and a team player.
- Experience of containerized application deployment and orchestration: e.g. Docker, Podman, Kubernetes.
- Experience of data storage and data warehouse/platform solutions: e.g. SQL/NoSQL databases, Databricks, Snowflake, Striim, Cloudera, AWS S3, Teradata.
- Experience with DevOps to include Jenkins, TerraForm, Ansible, REST, Git, etc.
- Knowledge of cloud services and security solutions; Azure, AWS, GCP, Oracle.
- Understanding of cryptographic methods and local/cloud key management.
- Knowledge of Python, Scala, Java, C/C++ application development using Agile methods.
- Microsoft Office365, Slack, Confluence, Jira, Bitbucket, GitHub.
- We offer a collaborative work environment, amazing equity, great benefits, competitive salary, and the opportunity to redefine cloud computing.
- Unlimited PTO (it’s between you and your work!)
- Quarterly recharge days
- 40 hours of Volunteer Time Off/year
- Internet stipend
- Friendly culture that brings the best out of everybody
- 401k (no matching)
Fortanix is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace with equal opportunity for all applicants and teammates. Our goal is to recruit the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other status. If you’re interested in working in a fast growing, exciting working environment – we encourage you to apply!