Sr. Associate, Digital Marketing
Foundation Capital is an early-stage venture firm founded in 1995. Our enterprise, fintech, consumer, and crypto investments have reinvented industries and defined new markets. For a quarter of a century, the firm has endured, evolved, and thrived, with over $5B assets under management, 33 IPOs and ICOs, and 80+ acquisitions to our name. Building companies is in our bones.
The Digital Marketing lead will spearhead our efforts to grow our marketing and communications outreach. We are looking for a specialist who is creative, prolific, self-directed, and methodical about building and nurturing an audience. Someone who is one part juggler (of multiple workflows and responsibilities), one part conductor (to keep various project trains and day-to-day campaigns running on time), and one part musicologist (who’s intentional and obsessive about cutting through the noise).
As a pillar of our small but mighty marketing team, you’ll help tell the story of our firm and our founders, share insights from partners, and spread the word about ongoing initiatives and activities. You will own and create social-media content from end to end. You’ll build the Foundation Capital brand by engaging the right audiences across Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, email, and other digital channels. You’ll manage all digital-marketing platforms and tools, and support content development from start to finish, with an emphasis on reach within our community. You will also work cross-functionally with partners and portfolio companies, and while supporting events and other key Foundation Capital initiatives.
This role will be hybrid based in San Francisco or Palo Alto.
What you will do:
- Drive the content distribution strategy to grow and deepen Foundation Capital’s relationships with our community of founders, investors, and industry leaders
- Bring Foundation Capital’s stories and its partners’ insights to life
- Lead a daily drumbeat of social media and digital content across LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube, while experimenting with other platforms like TikTok, Instagram, and Telegram
- Develop, plan, and execute weekly social calendar across all social channels
- Create and publish social media content including writing copy, developing graphics, finding photos, and editing videos
- Manage email campaigns and maintain all of Marketing’s digital archives and platforms
- Lay the groundwork for targeted campaigns and webinars to build founder and LP relationships, while thoughtfully driving content strategy that creates value for our community
- Revitalize and repurpose Foundation’s extensive content library
- Contribute to broader marketing initiatives, including events, copywriting, video production
- Work seamlessly with your marketing colleagues in events, design, and content, as well as cross-functionally with the investment and platform teams
- Develop and maintain our social-media calendar across channels
- Work at the partner level to understand priorities and develop bespoke ideas supporting their individual efforts, as well as the larger Foundation Capital brand
- Identify opportunities and develop best-in-class evergreen and campaign-based content
- Measure and report on the effectiveness of our digital efforts
What you should have:
- 4+ years experience working in content strategy, journalism, social-media management, communications, publishing, digital marketing or related field
- Experience delivering content or campaigns across a range of marketing channels and mediums
- Examples of impact through content or campaigns
- Bachelor's degree required
- Demonstrated track record working in an entrepreneurial environment and seizing white-space opportunities to create something from nothing
- A love for innovative storytelling and a knack for creating thoughtful campaigns
- Strong foundation across social media platforms, especially LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube, as well as familiarity with building a following through organic and paid channels
- Experience with marketing software, such as Mailchimp or Hubspot, content management systems, newsletter platforms, and digital publishing more generally
- A magnetic pull towards the startup and venture capital ecosystem
- Exceptional communications skills and a creative disposition
- A motivated self-starter’s temperament and a comfort with ambiguity. Whoever occupies this role will be helping to define it and must be someone who wants to make the most of it.
- Comprehensive healthcare plans including medical, dental, and vision benefits
- PTO and family leave
- Generous 401k plan
- Commuter benefits
Our Credo at Foundation Capital
Since the first invention, humanity has advanced because remarkable people have pushed us forward. Across the ages, these women and men have been called different things. We call them founders.
We back individuals who want to nudge the world ahead in some way, using a transformative business as their fulcrum. Great companies aren’t formed from code and corporate charters. They’re built on a foundation of dreams and desires; raised up through struggle and sacrifice. For such companies to succeed, their founders have to want success badly. It has to come from the deepest part of them—a hunger to create something consequential, something lasting; a need to prove themselves, whether out of a sense of mission, or a yearning for significance, or a heart full of disobedience. We look for founders who believe—even if they would never speak it out loud—that the purpose of life is to be briefly extraordinary.
Foundation Capital is committed to creating an inclusive environment and a diverse team. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Interested? Send application to firstname.lastname@example.org