Golden, CO, USA
Posted on Tuesday, August 15, 2023
Wanna Join the Adventure?
At Loft, we are dedicated to delivering our innovative hardware products & satellite missions on schedule and within budget. That's why the role of Inventory & Logistics Specialist is crucial to our success. As the guardian of our inventory system, this person will ensure that our hardware and parts are tracked, organized, and readily available when they are needed.
In this role, the Inventory & Logistics Specialist will be responsible for managing Loft's inventory and ensuring accuracy in our system. They will keep track of stock levels, monitor incoming and outgoing shipments, and maintain detailed records of inventory transactions. The Inventory & Logistics Specialist will also be responsible for conducting regular physical inventory counts, identifying and resolving discrepancies, and ensuring that inventory is properly stored and secured.
*Research shows that while men apply to jobs where they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized people tend to only apply when they meet 100% of the qualifications. At Loft, we value respectful debate and people who aren’t afraid to challenge assumptions. We strongly encourage you to apply, even if you don’t ‘check all the boxes.
About This Role:
- Maintain accurate inventory records and track stock level
- Maintain physical inventory shelves, enclosures, bins, and material logistics to keep organized and secured.
- Monitor incoming and outgoing shipments
- Conduct regular physical inventory counts
- Identify and resolve discrepancies in inventory records
- Manage the disposal of obsolete or excess inventory
- Coordinate with production and shipping teams to ensure timely delivery of parts and hardware
- Analyze inventory data and identify trends and opportunities for improvement
- Implement inventory control procedures and best practices
- Collaborate with finance and accounting teams to ensure proper accounting for inventory
- Manage the reconciliation of inventory accounts and resolve any discrepancies
- Participate in annual physical inventory count and reconciliation with external auditors.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and advancements in inventory management
- Develop and implement inventory forecasting models to optimize stock levels
- Manage inventory database and ensure data integrity
- Continuously assess and improve inventory processes and procedures
- 3-5 years of experience in inventory management, with experience within a manufacturing environment
- Strong knowledge of inventory management systems and procedures
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to work with a team and communicate effectively
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work autonomously
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and experience with inventory management software
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize effectively
- Able to hand lift/carry ~50 lbs, and operate pallet jack pushing heavier loads
- May require sitting or standing for prolonged periods of time, bending and/or reaching frequently.
Nice to Haves:
- Bachelor's degree in supply chain management, logistics, or a related field
- Experience in a supervisory or team lead role
- Familiarity with Lean or Six Sigma methodologies
- Experience with NetSuite, Fishbowl, or another enterprise resource planning (ERP) system
- Strong knowledge of transportation and shipping procedures
Some of Our Awesome Benefits:
- 100% company-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance option for employees and dependents
- Flexible Spending (FSA) and Health Savings (HSA) Accounts offered with an employer contribution to the HSA
- 100% employer paid Life, AD&D, Short-Term, and Long-Term Disability insurance
- Flexible Time Off policy for vacation and sick leave, and 12 paid holidays
- 401(k) plan and equity options
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- International exposure to our team in France
- Fully paid parental leave; 14 weeks for primary caregiver and 10 weeks for secondary caregiver
- Carrot Fertility provides comprehensive, inclusive fertility healthcare and family-forming benefits with financial support
- Off-sites and many social events and celebrations
- Relocation assistance when applicable
Who We Are
Loft Orbital builds “shareable” satellites, providing a fast & simple path to orbit for organizations that require access to space. Powered by our hardware & software products, we operate satellites, fly customer payloads onboard, and handle entire missions from end to end - significantly reducing the lead-time and risk of a traditional space mission.
Our standard interface enables us to fly multiple customer payloads on the same satellite, with capabilities such as earth imagery, weather & climate /science data collection, IoT connectivity, in-orbit demonstrations, and national security missions. Our customers trust us to manage their space infrastructure, so they can focus on what matters most to them: operating their mission and collecting their data.
At Loft, you’ll be given the autonomy and ownership to solve significant challenges, but with a close-knit and supportive team at your back. We believe that diversity and community are the foundation of an open culture. We are committed to hiring the best people regardless of background and make their time at Loft the most fulfilling period of their career.
We value kind, supportive and team-oriented collaborators. It is also crucial for us that you are a problem solver and a great communicator. As our team is international, you will need strong English skills to better collaborate, easily communicate complex ideas and convey important messages.
With 3 satellites on-orbit and a wave of exciting missions launching soon, we are scaling up quickly across our offices in San Francisco, CA | Golden, CO | and Toulouse, France.
As an international company your resume will be reviewed by people across our offices so please attach a copy in English.