Senior Full Stack Software Engineer
Data management solutions accounted for more than one-fifth of all enterprise infrastructure spend in 2021. The “modern data stack” promises a centralized data platform for powering valuable new applications, from AI-powered products to real-time analytics.
Unfortunately, a big problem stands in the way of most data projects and products – the issue of data quality. Rules-based data quality approaches that worked when data was small and tightly controlled don’t scale. And with more data sources, transformations, and users, quality issues are multiplying fast. The vast majority of issues go uncaught—until they lead to an expensive fire drill.
Anomalo is a SaaS solution that plugs directly into the modern data stack and automatically monitors tables for a wide range of data quality issues. Our software uses unsupervised learning to catch deep problems in the data, like sudden changes in the distribution, that aren’t covered by static rules or basic observability. With built-in root cause analysis, Anomalo shows not only whether data is anomalous but also why and what the impact is. This prevents data issues from reaching dashboards, reports, and products, while data teams spend less time debugging and more time building.
We’re rapidly growing and work with some of the biggest brands leveraging data today, like Block, Discover Financial Services, Buzzfeed, and Notion. The company has raised over $39M in seed and Series A funding backed by top-tier venture firms like Norwest Venture Partners, Foundation Capital, Two Sigma Ventures, and First Round Capital.
Anomalo is building the platform that data-driven companies need to be able to make good data-driven decisions, and would love to have you join for the ride.
As a Senior Full Stack Software Engineer on the Application Team, you'll play a vital role in building and maintaining our web platform. You'll define, shape and ship innovative customer-facing features with a focus on user experience. You'll also work closely with our Sales Engineering and Customer Success teams to better understand the needs of our customers.
What you'll do at as a Senior Full Stack Software Engineer at Anomalo:
- Own end-to-end development of new product features including React/TypeScript on the frontend and Python on the backend alongside product and design
- Translate designs, sketches, and product ideas into functional and reusable UI components that are beautiful and delightful to use
- Maintain Anomalo's React-powered frontend platform to ensure usability, scalability, and maintainability
- Interact with end-users to deeply understand their needs and build the right solution
What you'll bring to the team:
- 7+ years of software development or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of experience with React
- Deep professional experience in Python
- Strong knowledge of SQL
- Experience working with end-users and translating their needs into features
- Hands on experience building products from the ground up
What you can expect from us:
- Supportive colleagues who love to learn together
- A variety of challenging and rewarding projects that directly impact company goals, with a high degree of ownership
- Mentorship and opportunities for career growth
- The estimated annual salary range for this role is $200,000 - $260,000 plus meaningful equity
- A best in class benefits package including: unlimited time off, comprehensive medical, dental, and vision, fertility and family planning coverage, mental health and wellness coverage, quarterly offsites in exciting destinations to spend time with your colleagues
- Planned travel once per quarter to spend time with the team is strongly encouraged
UI and rich visualizations help our customers solve unknowns and anticipate data
issues before they happen.
🔍 A values-driven, open and transparent culture that supports autonomy and growth.
🏡 FullyRemote: We were fully remote before it was a thing, and we believe your best
work happens on your schedule. We offer a generous $2,000 stipend to ensure your
remote office is comfortable.
✈ Quarterly Offsites: While we love the flexibility of being remote-first, we also
recognize the value of spending time together in person. We make time to get together
(in a new destination!) for a company-wide offsite each quarter.
🌴 Generous Time Off: Enjoy 17 company holidays and unlimited vacation time that we
encourage you to take. We also have a company-wide winter break the last week of the
🩹 Health Benefits: Comprehensive family-friendly medical, dental, and vision insurance
plans. Anomalo covers 90% of your premiums. We provide access to family planning
and reproductive care for our employees and their families by partnering with Carrot
Fertility. We provide mental health and wellness benefits for all employees, covered at
🍼FamilyComesFirst: We offer 16 weeks of parental leave, during which you will
receive your full pay.
💸Investment in the company & your future: Every employee is granted a meaningful equity package. We also offer life insurance and a 401(k) plan.