Event Coordinator (6-Month Contract)
Data management solutions accounted for more than one-fifth of all enterprise infrastructure spend in 2021. The “modern data stack” promises a centralized data platform for powering valuable new applications, from AI-powered products to real-time analytics.
Unfortunately, a big problem stands in the way of most data projects and products – the issue of data quality. Rules-based data quality approaches that worked when data was small and tightly controlled don’t scale. And with more data sources, transformations, and users, quality issues are multiplying fast. The vast majority of issues go uncaught—until they lead to an expensive fire drill.
Anomalo is a SaaS solution that plugs directly into the modern data stack and automatically monitors tables for a wide range of data quality issues. Our software uses unsupervised learning to catch deep problems in the data, like sudden changes in the distribution, that aren’t covered by static rules or basic observability. With built-in root cause analysis, Anomalo shows not only whether data is anomalous but also why and what the impact is. This prevents data issues from reaching dashboards, reports, and products, while data teams spend less time debugging and more time building.
We’re rapidly growing and work with some of the biggest brands leveraging data today, like Block, Discover Financial Services, Buzzfeed, and Notion. The company has raised over $39M in seed and Series A funding backed by top-tier venture firms like Norwest Venture Partners, Foundation Capital, Two Sigma Ventures, and First Round Capital.
Anomalo is building the platform that data-driven companies need to be able to make good data-driven decisions, and would love to have you join for the ride.
Anomalo is looking for a creative and detail-oriented Event Coordinator to architect our events, creating memorable experiences that resonate with our brand and mission. You'll be responsible for planning, executing, and managing all corporate events, including conferences, seminars, and virtual webinars.
This is a contract position, and the estimated hourly rate is $30-$40 per hour.
What you’ll do as an Event Coordinator:
- Lead the planning and execution of all Anomalo events, from concept to completion.
- Coordinate with vendors, exhibitors, and stakeholders during event planning.
- Manage and oversee events on the day of, including problem-solving, welcoming guests, directing event set-up, communicating with staff, and organizing vendors.
- Plan and manage our events calendar, ensuring that all events are executed smoothly and align with our branding.
- Work closely with marketing and sales to develop event concepts that enhance the Anomalo brand and engage our target audience.
- Manage and adhere to event budgets to avoid project overruns.
- Track event key performance areas and identify items to work on for future events.
What you’ll bring to the team:
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work cross-functionally across many teams.
- Exceptional organizational and project management abilities.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet tight deadlines.
- Creative and detail-oriented.
- Bachelor’s degree in event management, hospitality, marketing, or a related field.
- This role requires approximately 35% travel.
This is a part-time position, with the option to become a full-time employee. Benefits will not be provided since this is a contract position.
UI and rich visualizations help our customers solve unknowns and anticipate data
issues before they happen.
🔍 A values-driven, open and transparent culture that supports autonomy and growth.
🏡 FullyRemote: We were fully remote before it was a thing, and we believe your best
work happens on your schedule. We offer a generous $2,000 stipend to ensure your
remote office is comfortable.
✈ Quarterly Offsites: While we love the flexibility of being remote-first, we also
recognize the value of spending time together in person. We make time to get together
(in a new destination!) for a company-wide offsite each quarter.
🌴 Generous Time Off: Enjoy 17 company holidays and unlimited vacation time that we
encourage you to take. We also have a company-wide winter break the last week of the
🩹 Health Benefits: Comprehensive family-friendly medical, dental, and vision insurance
plans. Anomalo covers 90% of your premiums. We provide access to family planning
and reproductive care for our employees and their families by partnering with Carrot
Fertility. We provide mental health and wellness benefits for all employees, covered at
🍼FamilyComesFirst: We offer 16 weeks of parental leave, during which you will
receive your full pay.
💸Investment in the company & your future: Every employee is granted a meaningful equity package. We also offer life insurance and a 401(k) plan.