Director, Sales (New York Metro Area)
Data management solutions accounted for more than one-fifth of all enterprise infrastructure spend in 2021. The “modern data stack” promises a centralized data platform for powering valuable new applications, from AI-powered products to real-time analytics.
Unfortunately, a big problem stands in the way of most data projects and products – the issue of data quality. Rules-based data quality approaches that worked when data was small and tightly controlled don’t scale. And with more data sources, transformations, and users, quality issues are multiplying fast. The vast majority of issues go uncaught—until they lead to an expensive fire drill.
Anomalo is a SaaS solution that plugs directly into the modern data stack and automatically monitors tables for a wide range of data quality issues. Our software uses unsupervised learning to catch deep problems in the data, like sudden changes in the distribution, that aren’t covered by static rules or basic observability. With built-in root cause analysis, Anomalo shows not only whether data is anomalous but also why and what the impact is. This prevents data issues from reaching dashboards, reports, and products, while data teams spend less time debugging and more time building.
We’re rapidly growing and work with some of the biggest brands leveraging data today, like Block, Discover Financial Services, Buzzfeed, and Notion. The company has raised over $39M in seed and Series A funding backed by top-tier venture firms like Norwest Venture Partners, Foundation Capital, Two Sigma Ventures, and First Round Capital.
Anomalo is building the platform that data-driven companies need to be able to make good data-driven decisions, and would love to have you join for the ride.
This person must be based out of the New York Metro Area in the United States.
What you’ll do as Director, Sales at Anomalo:
- Carry an annual ARR quota in direct sales to enterprise customers with a focus on account penetration and ARR growth
- Responsible for pipeline generation, including outbound prospecting to drive new logos
- Experience selling to Global 2000 customers including selling to C-level executives.
- Ability to work and co-sell with key data & analytics partners including Snowflake, Databricks, GCP, Alation, AWS, and Azure, as well as, key system integrators.
- Drive opportunities using MEDDIC principles. Define success criteria for demos / POCs. Identify key stakeholders within opportunities. Articulate ROI relevant to key stakeholders
- Articulate Anomalo’s value proposition throughout the sales process and overcome objections and contractual hurdles with customers
- Lead all customer communication including discovery calls and demos, through to POC support and technical support sessions alongside our Sales Engineering team
- Build strong cross-functional relationships across Anomalo including product, marketing, engineering, and SDRs
What you’ll bring to the team:
- Demonstrated full cycle sales experience ideally in ETL, Cloud Data Warehousing, Business Intelligence, Analytics, AI/ML technologies
- Experience developing pipeline and opening new accounts, including lead generation
- Ability to manage multiple opportunities simultaneously at various stages of the buying process
- Successful experience navigating complex sales cycles using MEDDIC
- Proven negotiation and closing skills
- Experience with modern sales technology stack to accelerate sales: Gong, Chorus, Outreach, SalesLoft, etc.
What you can expect from us:
- Supportive colleagues who love to learn together
- Mentorship and opportunities for career growth
- The estimated on-target earnings for this role are $280,000-$320,000, depending on experience, plus meaningful equity
- Occasional travel is required
UI and rich visualizations help our customers solve unknowns and anticipate data
issues before they happen.
🔍 A values-driven, open and transparent culture that supports autonomy and growth.
🏡 Fully Remote: We were fully remote before it was a thing, and we believe your best
work happens on your schedule. We offer a generous $2,000 stipend to ensure your
remote office is comfortable.
✈ Quarterly Offsites: While we love the flexibility of being remote-first, we also
recognize the value of spending time together in person. We make time to get together
(in a new destination!) for a company-wide offsite each quarter.
🌴 Generous Time Off: Enjoy 17 company holidays and unlimited vacation time that we
encourage you to take. We also have a company-wide winter break the last week of the
🩹 Health Benefits: Comprehensive family-friendly medical, dental, and vision insurance
plans. Anomalo covers 90% of your premiums. We provide access to family planning
and reproductive care for our employees and their families by partnering with Carrot
Fertility. We provide mental health and wellness benefits for all employees, covered at
🍼 Family Comes First: We offer 16 weeks of parental leave, during which you will
receive your full pay.
💸 Investment in the company & your future: Every employee is granted a meaningful equity package. We also offer life insurance and a 401(k) plan.