Director, Technical Product Marketing
Data management solutions accounted for more than one-fifth of all enterprise infrastructure spend in 2021. The “modern data stack” promises a centralized data platform for powering valuable new applications, from AI-powered products to real-time analytics.
Unfortunately, a big problem stands in the way of most data projects and products – the issue of data quality. Rules-based data quality approaches that worked when data was small and tightly controlled don’t scale. And with more data sources, transformations, and users, quality issues are multiplying fast. The vast majority of issues go uncaught—until they lead to an expensive fire drill.
Anomalo is a SaaS solution that plugs directly into the modern data stack and automatically monitors tables for a wide range of data quality issues. Our software uses unsupervised learning to catch deep problems in the data, like sudden changes in the distribution, that aren’t covered by static rules or basic observability. With built-in root cause analysis, Anomalo shows not only whether data is anomalous but also why and what the impact is. This prevents data issues from reaching dashboards, reports, and products, while data teams spend less time debugging and more time building.
We’re rapidly growing and work with some of the biggest brands leveraging data today, like Block, Discover Financial Services, Buzzfeed, and Notion. The company has raised over $39M in seed and Series A funding backed by top-tier venture firms like Norwest Venture Partners, Foundation Capital, Two Sigma Ventures, and First Round Capital.
Anomalo is building the platform that data-driven companies need to be able to make good data-driven decisions, and would love to have you join for the ride.
We're looking for an experienced and visionary Director, Technical Product Marketing to spearhead our product marketing initiatives. This senior-level position requires an individual with a robust technical background, a strategic mindset, and a track record of marketing success in tech-centric businesses. You will play a critical role in driving our product strategy, enhancing brand visibility, and accelerating market penetration on a global scale. This role will report directly to the VP of Marketing.
What you'll do at as a Director, Technical Product Marketing at Anomalo:
- Lead and expand the product marketing team, fostering a culture of excellence, innovation, and continuous improvement.
- Develop comprehensive marketing strategies that clearly articulate the technical and business value of Anomalo's solutions.
- Collaborate with executive leadership to align product marketing strategies with company objectives and product roadmaps.
- Serve as the market expert for data validation and anomaly detection trends, delivering insights that drive product and marketing strategy.
- Create compelling narratives and go-to-market strategies for new product introductions and releases, ensuring strong market adoption and growth.
- Spearhead the development of sophisticated marketing collateral, including whitepapers, technical briefs, web content, and multimedia assets.
- Drive content strategy for thought leadership, including speaking opportunities at industry conferences, webinars, and published articles.
- Oversee competitive analysis frameworks to inform strategic planning and positioning.
- Develop and implement a cohesive analyst relations strategy to enhance Anomalo's visibility and positioning in analyst reports.
- Partner closely with sales leadership to enable the sales team with high-value tools, training, and collateral.
- Define key performance metrics for product marketing initiatives, track results, and optimize strategies based on data-driven insights.
- Engage with key customers to develop case studies and testimonials that showcase the value of Anomalo's products.
What you'll bring to the team:
- 10+ years of experience in product marketing within the technology sector, with at least 5 years in a leadership role.
- Proven expertise in marketing products that involve complex data and technical concepts towards an enterprise audience.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and execute tactically to deliver results.
- Exceptional communication and leadership skills, with a history of building and leading high-performing teams.
- In-depth experience with market analysis, segmentation, and targeting.
- Strong public speaking skills and the ability to represent Anomalo at a high level to customers, partners, and industry influencers.
- Solid understanding of the competitive landscape in data technologies and the ability to pivot strategies based on market dynamics.
- Proven track record of creating and executing successful product marketing plans that have driven measurable business results.
- Proficient in leveraging CRM and marketing automation technologies to drive efficiency and impact.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, Computer Science, or related field; Master’s degree or MBA highly preferred.
What you can expect from us:
- Senior leadership role within a cutting-edge technology company
- Supportive colleagues who love to learn together
- A variety of challenging and rewarding projects that directly impact company goals, with a high degree of ownership
- The estimated annual salary range for this role is $210,000 - $260,000 plus meaningful equity
- A best in class benefits package including: unlimited time off, comprehensive medical, dental, and vision, fertility and family planning coverage, mental health and wellness coverage, quarterly offsites in exciting destinations to spend time with your colleagues
- Planned travel once per quarter to spend time with the team is strongly encouraged
UI and rich visualizations help our customers solve unknowns and anticipate data
issues before they happen.
🔍 A values-driven, open and transparent culture that supports autonomy and growth.
🏡 Fully Remote: We were fully remote before it was a thing, and we believe your best
work happens on your schedule. We offer a generous $2,000 stipend to ensure your
remote office is comfortable.
✈ Quarterly Offsites: While we love the flexibility of being remote-first, we also
recognize the value of spending time together in person. We make time to get together
(in a new destination!) for a company-wide offsite each quarter.
🌴 Generous Time Off: Enjoy 17 company holidays and unlimited vacation time that we
encourage you to take. We also have a company-wide winter break the last week of the
🩹 Health Benefits: Comprehensive family-friendly medical, dental, and vision insurance
plans. Anomalo covers 90% of your premiums. We provide access to family planning
and reproductive care for our employees and their families by partnering with Carrot
Fertility. We provide mental health and wellness benefits for all employees, covered at
🍼 Family Comes First: We offer 16 weeks of parental leave, during which you will
receive your full pay.
💸 Investment in the company & your future: Every employee is granted a meaningful equity package. We also offer life insurance and a 401(k) plan.