Senior Sales Engineer
Data management solutions accounted for more than one-fifth of all enterprise infrastructure spend in 2021. The “modern data stack” promises a centralized data platform for powering valuable new applications, from AI-powered products to real-time analytics.
Unfortunately, a big problem stands in the way of most data projects and products – the issue of data quality. Rules-based data quality approaches that worked when data was small and tightly controlled don’t scale. And with more data sources, transformations, and users, quality issues are multiplying fast. The vast majority of issues go uncaught—until they lead to an expensive fire drill.
Anomalo is a SaaS solution that plugs directly into the modern data stack and automatically monitors tables for a wide range of data quality issues. Our software uses unsupervised learning to catch deep problems in the data, like sudden changes in the distribution, that aren’t covered by static rules or basic observability. With built-in root cause analysis, Anomalo shows not only whether data is anomalous but also why and what the impact is. This prevents data issues from reaching dashboards, reports, and products, while data teams spend less time debugging and more time building.
We’re rapidly growing and work with some of the biggest brands leveraging data today, like Block, Discover Financial Services, Buzzfeed, and Notion. The company has raised over $39M in seed and Series A funding backed by top-tier venture firms like Norwest Venture Partners, Foundation Capital, Two Sigma Ventures, and First Round Capital.
Anomalo is building the platform that data-driven companies need to be able to make good data-driven decisions, and would love to have you join for the ride.
What you’ll do as a Senior Sales Engineer at Anomalo:
- Actively participate and drive customer discovery calls to qualify leads and convert them to sales opportunities. Obtain and maintain strong knowledge of the Anomalo Platform, be able to deliver a demo and technical presentation, including an overview of our key and advanced features and benefits, services offerings, differentiation, and competitive positioning
- Be able to address a majority of technical questions concerning customization, integration, enterprise architecture, and general feature/functionality of our platform
- Capable of building and/or leading the development of custom demos and PoCs based upon customer requirements
- Simultaneously manage multiple cycles, work with different salespeople, and support internal initiatives across the company
- Provide timely, prioritized, and complete customer-based feedback to Product Management, Sales, Support, and/or Engineering regarding customer requirements and issues
Presentation and organizational skills you'll ideally have:
- Train and engage customers in the product architecture, configuration, and use of the Anomalo platform
- Know where to escalate within Anomalo’s technical organization, and make effective use of those resources
Customer engagement skills you'll ideally have:
- Enthusiastically present software solutions to prospective customers, from IT managers and technicians to C-level executives
- Lead the completion of RFI, RFP, and initial security reviews
- Manage client expectations, establish credibility at all levels within the client and build problem-solving partnerships with the client and colleagues
- Along with Marketing, Sales, and Product Management, and based on market or customer feedback, lead the definition, development, and presentation of product and solution demos and PoCs for prospects and partners
What we're looking for:
- 6+ years in a technical, customer-facing role for a technical product; pre-sales preferred
- Deep enterprise software industry experience in data integration, data management, data warehousing, ETL/ELT, AI/ML, or other surrounding data markets
- Proven track record in an early-stage company or fast-paced environment
- Excellent SQL skills in understanding, comprehending, and recommending queries
- Expansive Python or Linux skills in basic scripting and low-level debugging
- Technical acumen to understand and explain complex enterprise architectures
What you can expect from us:
- Supportive colleagues who love to learn together
- A variety of challenging and rewarding projects that directly impact company goals, with a high degree of ownership
- Mentorship and opportunities for career growth
- The estimated on-target earnings for this role are $220,000 - $270,000, depending on experience, plus meaningful equity
- Occasional travel is required
UI and rich visualizations help our customers solve unknowns and anticipate data
issues before they happen.
🔍 A values-driven, open and transparent culture that supports autonomy and growth.
🏡 Fully Remote: We were fully remote before it was a thing, and we believe your best
work happens on your schedule. We offer a generous $2,000 stipend to ensure your
remote office is comfortable.
✈ Quarterly Offsites: While we love the flexibility of being remote-first, we also
recognize the value of spending time together in person. We make time to get together
(in a new destination!) for a company-wide offsite each quarter.
🌴 Generous Time Off: Enjoy 17 company holidays and unlimited vacation time that we
encourage you to take. We also have a company-wide winter break the last week of the
🩹 Health Benefits: Comprehensive family-friendly medical, dental, and vision insurance
plans. Anomalo covers 90% of your premiums. We provide access to family planning
and reproductive care for our employees and their families by partnering with Carrot
Fertility. We provide mental health and wellness benefits for all employees, covered at
🍼 Family Comes First: We offer 16 weeks of parental leave, during which you will
receive your full pay.
💸 Investment in the company & your future: Every employee is granted a meaningful equity package. We also offer life insurance and a 401(k) plan.