Customer Solutions Engineer
Data management solutions accounted for more than one-fifth of all enterprise infrastructure spend in 2021. The “modern data stack” promises a centralized data platform for powering valuable new applications, from AI-powered products to real-time analytics.
Unfortunately, a big problem stands in the way of most data projects and products – the issue of data quality. Rules-based data quality approaches that worked when data was small and tightly controlled don’t scale. And with more data sources, transformations, and users, quality issues are multiplying fast. The vast majority of issues go uncaught—until they lead to an expensive fire drill.
Anomalo is a SaaS solution that plugs directly into the modern data stack and automatically monitors tables for a wide range of data quality issues. Our software uses unsupervised learning to catch deep problems in the data, like sudden changes in the distribution, that aren’t covered by static rules or basic observability. With built-in root cause analysis, Anomalo shows not only whether data is anomalous but also why and what the impact is. This prevents data issues from reaching dashboards, reports, and products, while data teams spend less time debugging and more time building.
We’re rapidly growing and work with some of the biggest brands leveraging data today, like Block, Discover Financial Services, Buzzfeed, and Notion. The company has raised over $39M in seed and Series A funding backed by top-tier venture firms like Norwest Venture Partners, Foundation Capital, Two Sigma Ventures, and First Round Capital.
Anomalo is building the platform that data-driven companies need to be able to make good data-driven decisions, and would love to have you join for the ride.
As a Customer Solutions Engineer at Anomalo, you will be responsible for helping customers configure and integrate our data quality platform for their business. You will lead architecture discussions, conduct implementation & configuration sessions, and coordinate with engineering resources to drive best practices across our customer deployments. You will combine your technical aptitude, exceptional communication skills, and creative problem-solving to assist customers. You will work cross-functionally
What you’ll do as a Customer Solutions Engineer at Anomalo:
- Manage any post-sales activities related to the implementation, configuration, and ongoing support of customer environments in either SaaS or in-VPC environments
- Support and coordinate across Anomalo teams to ensure a seamless transition from pre to post sales to provide the best end-to-end customer onboarding experience
- Conduct architecture & implementation best practices training sessions with customers as they are onboarded to Anomalo
- Provide customers with best practices for integrations, generate playbooks for support, and identify key onboarding & adoption patterns to speed time to value
- Own and resolve support cases by effective troubleshooting, gathering appropriate data, and consulting with other individuals and teams
- Develop customer-specific runbooks and reports to ensure effective and consistent support is provided across our broader Anomalo team
- Build support tooling and scale internal processes to enhance Anomalo’s products and services
What you’ll bring to the team:
- 5+ years working in external customer support or in a customer-facing engineering or support capacity, preferably in an enterprise software/SaaS high-growth environment
- Experience with containerization and deployment technologies such as Kubernetes
- General experience in cloud environments such as AWS, Azure, and GCP
- Experience troubleshooting SaaS applications, APIs, and associated infrastructure for Enterprise-size companies
- Foundational knowledge in cloud computing, ETL concepts and workflows, and SQL
- Excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills at various levels of the stack
Ideal candidates will also have:
- Experience in deploying and troubleshooting at least two of Kubernetes, Identity Management and Authentication, Python, Cloud file systems or databases
- Data engineering experience with data warehouses such as Databricks/Snowflake.
- Successfully managed cases throughout the entire support lifecycle, from triage and reproduction to writing bug reports for engineering and case resolution
- Experience managing multiple tasks and seamlessly shifting between diverse contexts, demonstrating the ability to stay organized, prioritize effectively, and maintain high productivity in dynamic work environments.
- Flexibility to travel to customer locations (approximately 15%)
- The estimated annual salary range for this role is $175,000 - $215,000 plus meaningful equity
UI and rich visualizations help our customers solve unknowns and anticipate data
issues before they happen.
🔍 A values-driven, open and transparent culture that supports autonomy and growth.
🏡 Fully Remote: We were fully remote before it was a thing, and we believe your best
work happens on your schedule. We offer a generous $2,000 stipend to ensure your
remote office is comfortable.
✈ Quarterly Offsites: While we love the flexibility of being remote-first, we also
recognize the value of spending time together in person. We make time to get together
(in a new destination!) for a company-wide offsite each quarter.
🌴 Generous Time Off: Enjoy 17 company holidays and unlimited vacation time that we
encourage you to take. We also have a company-wide winter break the last week of the
🩹 Health Benefits: Comprehensive family-friendly medical, dental, and vision insurance
plans. Anomalo covers 90% of your premiums. We provide access to family planning
and reproductive care for our employees and their families by partnering with Carrot
Fertility. We provide mental health and wellness benefits for all employees, covered at
🍼 Family Comes First: We offer 16 weeks of parental leave, during which you will
receive your full pay.
💸 Investment in the company & your future: Every employee is granted a meaningful equity package. We also offer life insurance and a 401(k) plan.