Site Reliability Engineer (Remote)
Location: Work from home in the U.S.
Who is Anvilogic?
Anvilogic is a venture-backed cyber-security startup with the mission of re-imagining the Security Operations Center (SOC), enabling defenders to respond rapidly to escalating cyber attacks. Our founders started this company because they were the brightest and best at solving problems where they worked as they discovered answers that they knew, first-hand, were desperately needed in other SOCs worldwide. They have security in their DNA and have previously built market-leading security products across numerous security domains, including email, endpoint, data center, and SIEMs. They also run SOCs in Fortune 10 and Fortune 500 companies. The leaders are also practical people with the emotional intelligence required to make a positive workplace climate more than just hype.
Anvilogic is the first in the industry to solve the enterprise's automation problem for threat detection as we break new ground in the efficacy and efficiency benefits we bring SOCs. At Anvilogic, we’re committed to our work, mutual success, having fun, and, most importantly, to our customer’s success. And did we say our customers LOVE us?
Why Choose Anvilogic?
Are you looking for a chance to step into a new market, sell to early adopters, and see your career advancing with new technology you help create as the market discovers what you have to offer? At Anvilogic, we are excited because transformational SOC leaders and practitioners are beginning to see what’s possible, and we are helping them to fix the broken cyber security operations lifecycle. You will thrive at Anvilogic if you:
- Get excited about helping customers solve long-standing security challenges with a new approach. Are you creative? Are you at a place in your career where making a significant impact—for your team, company, and customers—is important?
- Enjoy being a team player willing to take on any challenge with us as we work hard, have fun, and make history.
- Relish the opportunity to articulate, demonstrate, and prove our product in the marketplace and contribute directly to its ongoing development and enhancement.
- Are stoked about working with an exceptional team who values your contribution and expertise from both a technical and business standpoint. Our savvy group is having a great time learning and collaborating. Our people love what they do here, and we help them to develop what’s next. We play to our people’s strengths, coach each other, and demonstrate a genuine appreciation for their work through recognition and rewards. We are having fun growing Anvilogic into a successful and profitable venture. If you like solving problems that didn’t have a reasonable solution until now, come scale up with us.
What you can do as a DevOps/Site Reliability Engineer:
- Designing and implementing our cloud infrastructure and deployment strategies, adhering to best practices and industry standards.
- Designing, implementing, and maintaining monitoring solutions for our critical infrastructure and applications.
- Ensuring our product’s and service’s availability, performance, security, and scalability
- Analyzing and refining system monitoring and alerting strategies to minimize false alarms and improve overall effectiveness.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to identify performance bottlenecks, service interruptions, and other issues impacting the reliability of our products and services.
- Responding to alerts promptly and efficiently, coordinating incident resolution, and leading postmortem analysis to identify areas for improvement.
- Developing and maintaining runbooks, playbooks, and other documentation related to incident response, system monitoring, and alerting best practices.
- Continuously improving monitoring tools and processes through data-driven analysis and the implementation of best practices.
- Mentoring and guiding other team members in monitoring and alerting best practices, ensuring the entire team is equipped to handle incidents effectively.
- Work closely with product management, engineering, and our partners to ensure we’re always working toward customer success.
- Be a hands-on and collaborative player within our teams.
- Work effectively within Anvilogic’s methodology and processes.
What you should bring with you:
- An unyielding desire to build and automate secure and scalable site reliability solutions.
- Minimum 3 years of cloud infrastructure DevOps/Engineering experience required.
- Minimum 3 years of site reliability engineering experience required.
- A bachelor’s degree or a compelling story.
- Experience working in various cloud environments, primarily AWS.
- Experience working in Linux/Unix environments.
- Experience deploying, configuring, and engineering solutions for complex systems and applications.
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code tools (Terraform, Ansible, etc.) and CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience producing professional-quality documentation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, both in groups and one-on-one interactions.
- Healthy and happy culture
- Creating groundbreaking technology
- Flexible work environment
- Generous stock options
- Comprehensive health benefits + 401k plan + other benefits
- Working with amazing people
- Latest tech equipment & budget for your customized tech and WFH needs
We intend to continue hiring great people and protecting our culture so everyone can be themselves and speak their minds. That way, Anvilogic will always be a place filled with purpose, energy, fun, hard work, thoughtfulness, and respect.
Anvilogic does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities. At Anvilogic, diversity and inclusion mean more than treating employees well and making them feel welcome - it is a commitment to hiring people who bring different insights because of their unique perspectives, ways of thinking, and prior experiences