San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, October 20, 2022
At Anyscale, we're on a mission to democratize distributed computing and make it accessible to software developers of all skill levels. We’re commercializing Ray, a popular open-source project that's creating an ecosystem of libraries for scalable machine learning. Companies like OpenAI, Uber, Spotify, Instacart, Cruise, and many more, have Ray in their tech stacks to accelerate the progress of AI applications out into the real world.
With Anyscale, we’re building the best place to run Ray, so that any developer or data scientist can scale an ML application from their laptop to the cluster without needing to be a distributed systems expert.
Proud to be backed by Andreessen Horowitz, NEA, and Addition with $250+ million raised to date.
Anyscale is based in San Francisco, CA. Employees are required to come in office 3x a week.
About the role:
We’re looking for a technical trainer to deliver the best possible experience of Ray and Anyscale for developers trying to distribute their ML applications. Through developing courses, presenting at conferences, writing blogs, influencing on social media, you will be tapped into the broader ML community and their frustrations and triumphs. You’ll also work closely with engineering, marketing, product, documentation, and content teams to complete the feedback loop and influence future improvements that make scaling with Ray easier for our users.
As part of this role, you will:
- Develop technical training materials (notebooks, assessments, demos, presentations, guides, documentation, blogs, etc.) and create helpful content for developers using Ray and Anyscale
- Listen to developers to gain key insights and feedback on their needs and requirements to succeed with open-source Ray and our product Anyscale.
- Host community events, lead technical workshops, and deliver talks to attract new Ray users.
- Collaborate with engineering, product, marketing, and other cross-functional teams to improve developer experiences and identify opportunities to invest in strategic partnerships.
We'd love to hear from you if you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in STEM or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience in software industry
- 3+ years of experience in ML/AI with Python
- 1+ years of experience presenting and speaking at conferences
- Experience in building high-quality, easy-to-read code and writing technical education content (notebooks, blogs, documentation, course material, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to both developers and non-technical audiences
- Able to travel up to 10% of the time
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-ownership environment
- Experience helping developers find success with highly technical products and/or open source projects
- Strong empathy, resilience, and willingness to pitch in where needed
- At Anyscale, we take a market-based approach to compensation. We are data-driven, transparent, and consistent. The target salary for this role is $157,000 - $187,612. As the market data changes over time, the target salary for this role may be adjusted.
- Stock Options
- Healthcare plans, with premiums covered by Anyscale at 99% for both employees and dependents
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Wellness stipend
- Education stipend
- Paid Parental Leave
- Flexible Time Off
- Commute reimbursement
- 100% of in-office meals covered
This role is also eligible to participate in Anyscale's Equity and Benefits offerings, including the following:
Anyscale Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates are evaluated without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal or state law. Anyscale Inc. is an E-Verify company and you may review the Notice of E-Verify Participation and the Right to Work posters in English and Spanish