San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, October 8, 2020
At Anyscale, we're on a mission to democratize distributed computing and make it accessible to software developers of all skill levels. We’re commercializing Ray, a popular open-source project that's creating an ecosystem of libraries for scalable machine learning. Companies like OpenAI, Uber, Spotify, Instacart, Cruise, and many more, have Ray in their tech stacks to accelerate the progress of AI applications out into the real world.
With Anyscale, we’re building the best place to run Ray, so that any developer or data scientist can scale an ML application from their laptop to the cluster without needing to be a distributed systems expert.
We're a San Francisco based company, proud to be backed by $250+ million from top-tier investors like Andreessen Horowitz, NEA, and Addition.
About the role:
Anyscale is growing its Solutions Architect team! Anyscale is now in GA, and we’ve received a wave of excitement from the market.
This role will be critical to Anyscale’s success and will have an opportunity for huge impact on both Anyscale the company and our product. As a Solutions Architect at Anyscale, you will be the technical face of our company and biggest advocate for our customers. You’ll work closely with sales, product management, and engineering to ensure that our product has the right experiences and shape to drive value in customer engagements.
The ideal candidate will be a scrappy executor, able to work independently, and lead complex POCs with our users as they adopt Anyscale and Ray. You’ll be on point for demoing our product, scoping POCs, making users successful, and amplifying the voice of our customers. Expect to learn a ton about Ray, Anyscale, and early stage product go-to-market! You’ll be fundamental in helping us disrupt what it means to build distributed applications at scale.
Our product is inherently technical, so we’re looking for folks that know how to communicate about technical products with multiple audiences – whether it’s the C-suite or an individual engineer.
As part of this role, you'll be involved in:
- Building awesome product demos, tutorials, reference architectures, and blogs demonstrating the strong capabilities of the Anyscale platform
- Knowing Ray from end-to-end and educating customers on how to use Ray
- Working with customers as they build applications on RayKnowing the ML landscape and toolsets that are at the forefront of cutting edge tech
- Working cross-functionally to be the voice of our customers and delivering impactful solutions alongside our product and engineering teams
- Working directly with customers at every layer of their organization (C Suite to data scientists and developers) and acting as a trusted advisor for our users
- Helping us identify potential improvements and gaps in our product and prioritizing features through the development process
- Efficiently managing stakeholders to ensure that we stay focused on our key objective and metrics in the sales processDriving crisp communication about our products and services, both internally and externally
- Working alongside marketing and Go-to-Market to create and deliver high quality content to evangelize Anyscale and Ray
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- 5+ years of pre- and post-sales experience, either as a sales engineer, solutions engineer/architect, customer success engineer/manager, or a consultant
- Strong technical skills. You should have working knowledge of Python fundamentals, as well as the ability to learn Ray and build Ray applications with various libraries
- Experience in enterprise SaaS, infrastructure, open source, and/or ML/AI technologies
- Experience in public cloud and enterprise infrastructure
- Customer success orientation. You are able to demonstrate technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences, build value with end users, and drive solutions over the line
- Cross-functional collaboration with technical stakeholders, including Engineering and Product
- At Anyscale, we take a market-based approach to compensation. We are data-driven, transparent, and consistent. The target salary for this role is $139,863 - $190,545. As the market data changes over time, the target salary for this role may be adjusted.
- Stock Options
- Healthcare plans, with premiums covered by Anyscale at 99% for both employees and dependents
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Wellness stipend
- Education stipend
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Time Off
- Commute reimbursement
- 100% of in-office meals covered
This role is also eligible to participate in Anyscale's Equity and Benefits offerings, including the following:
Anyscale Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates are evaluated without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal or state law. Anyscale Inc. is an E-Verify company and you may review the Notice of E-Verify Participation and the Right to Work posters in English and Spanish
See more open positions at Anyscale
Something looks off?