Technical Program Manager
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, April 6, 2023
At Anyscale, we're on a mission to democratize distributed computing and make it accessible to software developers of all skill levels. We’re commercializing Ray, a popular open-source project that's creating an ecosystem of libraries for scalable machine learning. Companies like OpenAI, Uber, Spotify, Instacart, Cruise, and many more, have Ray in their tech stacks to accelerate the progress of AI applications out into the real world.
With Anyscale, we’re building the best place to run Ray, so that any developer or data scientist can scale an ML application from their laptop to the cluster without needing to be a distributed systems expert.
We're a San Francisco based company, proud to be backed by $250+ million from top-tier investors like Andreessen Horowitz, NEA, and Addition.
About the role:
The Anyscale Technical Program Management (TPM) team is expected to play a critical role executing high impact programs while continuously improving processes to sustainably grow and increase the effectiveness of the Tech organization spanning Design, Engineering, and Product teams.
As a Technical Program Manager focused on Anyscale’s Ray.io Open Source Software, around which Anyscale’s platform is built, you’ll help lead framework development of Ray to meet the needs of the dynamic ML/AI landscape at the highest quality. In this role, you'll work to ensure Ray ‘just works’ for ML Practitioners and deliver highly impactful improvements to the Ray framework and related processes. As part of the overall development lifecycle, you’ll plan requirements, identify risks, manage schedules, and communicate clearly with project stakeholders on complex projects with significant organizational impact.
Your project management contributions will span prioritization, planning of projects and features, stakeholder management, tracking of external commitments while contributing to the organization's technical culture by highlighting and espousing best practices. You’ll learn and grow alongside talented teammates who share your commitment to excellence and appetite for innovative problem-solving.
As part of this role, you will:
- Continually raise the bar for a high quality, scalable ML framework loved by users around the world
- Work closely with the Open Source Software development team to help us build and ship new version of the Ray OSS framework on an ongoing basis
- Align all the stakeholders to assemble project teams, assign responsibilities, identify appropriate resources needed, and develop schedules to ensure timely completion of projects by collaboratively setting and meeting milestones
- Assess risks, anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, make tradeoffs, balance the business needs versus technical constraints and encourage risk taking behavior to maximize business benefit
- Work on a diverse technology stack spanning multiple leading OSS ML Frameworks across the industry, ML algorithms, big-data solutions and commercial cloud providers
- Collaborate with the Anyscale commercial product team where appropriate
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent technical work experience
- 5+ years of technical work experience
- 3+ years of experience with Machine Learning projects & platforms
- 2+ years of experience working on Open Source projects
- Software development experience (ability to build and assess systems/platforms)
- Strong communication skills and can effectively share your work with a broader audience through writing and speaking
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- A deep understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of shipping software on time in the Open Source and Commercial environments
- An obsession with contributing to the development of high-performance engineering organizations, are detail driven with excellent problem-solving abilities
- At Anyscale, we take a market-based approach to compensation. We are data-driven, transparent, and consistent. The target salary for this role is $170,317 - $237,025. As the market data changes over time, the target salary for this role may be adjusted.
- Stock Options
- Healthcare plans, with premiums covered by Anyscale at 99% for both employees and dependents
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Wellness stipend
- Education stipend
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Time Off
- Commute reimbursement
- 100% of in-office meals covered
This role is also eligible to participate in Anyscale's Equity and Benefits offerings, including the following:
Anyscale Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates are evaluated without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal or state law. Anyscale Inc. is an E-Verify company and you may review the Notice of E-Verify Participation and the Right to Work posters in English and Spanish
See more open positions at Anyscale
Something looks off?