Customer Support Engineer
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Saturday, August 26, 2023
At Anyscale, we're on a mission to democratize distributed computing and make it accessible to software developers of all skill levels. We’re commercializing Ray, a popular open-source project that's creating an ecosystem of libraries for scalable machine learning. Companies like OpenAI, Uber, Spotify, Instacart, Cruise, and many more, have Ray in their tech stacks to accelerate the progress of AI applications out into the real world.
With Anyscale, we’re building the best place to run Ray, so that any developer or data scientist can scale an ML application from their laptop to the cluster without needing to be a distributed systems expert.
Proud to be backed by Andreessen Horowitz, NEA, and Addition with $250+ million raised to date.
For this Customer Support Engineer role, we are open to a Boston-based employee provided they participate in onboarding in our offices in San Francisco.
Join us as we lead the way in enabling the next generation of machine learning and AI applications. As Anyscale's first Customer Support Engineer, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the future of our customer support function and the overall success of our customers.
We’re looking for individuals who have experience working in a fast-paced, technical environment and enjoy working cross functionally with customers, product, engineering, and sales. As our first Customer Support Engineer, we’re looking for experience leading and developing teams while working towards continuous improvement in processes and customer experience.
In this role, you’ll be able to:
- Deliver outstanding technical support to our customers, ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to Ray and the Anyscale platform
- Collaborate closely with our product and software engineering teams to address complex issues and ensure optimal system performance
- Drive improvements in issue triage, reporting, and analysis to better understand customer pain points
- Continuously improve the Customer Support process through process improvements and tracking, leveraging your team lead experience
- Contribute to the development of support resources, including documentation and knowledge base articles
- 3+ years of experience in a technical role - either in customer support, software engineering, or similar
- 3+ years working with technical products in the Machine Learning domain
- 1+ years experience working with a major cloud provider (AWS, GCP)
- 1+ years as a team lead
- Proficiency in writing Python for either Data Science, Machine Learning, or other distributed systems workloads
- Familiarity with Machine Learning use cases and technology
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Highly organized approach to issue tracking and resolution
Compensation for Employees Based in Boston Area
- At Anyscale, we take a market-based approach to compensation. We are data-driven, transparent, and consistent. The target salary for this role is $99,005 - $117,277. As the market data changes over time, the target salary for this role may be adjusted.
- L4 = $99,005
- L5 = $117,277
- Stock Options
- Healthcare plans, with premiums covered by Anyscale at 99% for both employees and dependents
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Wellness stipend
- Education stipend
- Paid Parental Leave
- Flexible Time Off
- 100% of in-office meals covered
Level = Base Salary:
This role is also eligible to participate in Anyscale's Equity and Benefits offerings, including the following:
Anyscale Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates are evaluated without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal or state law. Anyscale Inc. is an E-Verify company and you may review the Notice of E-Verify Participation and the Right to Work posters in English and Spanish