Deep Learning Performance Engineer
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, October 12, 2023
At Anyscale, we're on a mission to democratize distributed computing and make it accessible to software developers of all skill levels. We’re commercializing Ray, a popular open-source project that's creating an ecosystem of libraries for scalable machine learning. Companies like OpenAI, Uber, Spotify, Instacart, Cruise, and many more, have Ray in their tech stacks to accelerate the progress of AI applications out into the real world.
With Anyscale, we’re building the best place to run Ray, so that any developer or data scientist can scale an ML application from their laptop to the cluster without needing to be a distributed systems expert.
Proud to be backed by Andreessen Horowitz, NEA, and Addition with $250+ million raised to date.
Anyscale is based in San Francisco, CA. Employees are required to come in office 3x a week.
About the role:
As a Deep Learning Performance Engineer, you will help build systems and optimizations that push the boundaries of performance across cutting edge ML models. This is an incredibly critical role to Anyscale as it allows us to provide market leading performance and price point for AI infrastructure.
As part of this role, you will:
- Iterate very quickly with product teams to ship the latest optimizations to Anyscale platform, Anyscale Endpoints, and various open source offerings.
- Work closely with research teams on LLM engines like vLLM, TensorRT-LLM
- Follow the latest state-of-the-art in the open source and the research community, implementing and extending best practices
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- Prior experience working on GPUs / CUDA
- Solid understanding of operating systems and/or networking fundamentals and experience in such optimizations
- Familiarity with deep learning and deep learning frameworks (e.g. PyTorch)
- ML Systems knowledge
- Experience training deep learning models
- Contributions to deep learning frameworks (PyTorch, TensorFlow)
- Contributions to deep learning compilers (Triton, TVM, MLIR)
- Experience using Ray
- At Anyscale, we take a market-based approach to compensation. We are data-driven, transparent, and consistent. The target salary for this role is $170,112 ~ $237,000. As the market data changes over time, the target salary for this role may be adjusted.
- Stock Options
- Healthcare plans, with premiums covered by Anyscale at 99%
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Wellness stipend
- Education stipend
- Paid Parental Leave
- Flexible Time Off
- Commute reimbursement
- 100% of in-office meals covered
This role is also eligible to participate in Anyscale's Equity and Benefits offerings, including the following:
Anyscale Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates are evaluated without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal or state law. Anyscale Inc. is an E-Verify company and you may review the Notice of E-Verify Participation and the Right to Work posters in English and Spanish