Events Lead (20+hrs/wk for 6 months)
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, January 24, 2024
At Anyscale, we're on a mission to democratize distributed computing and make it accessible to software developers of all skill levels. We’re commercializing Ray, a popular open-source project that's creating an ecosystem of libraries for scalable machine learning. Companies like OpenAI, Uber, Spotify, Instacart, Cruise, and many more, have Ray in their tech stacks to accelerate the progress of AI applications out into the real world.
With Anyscale, we’re building the best place to run Ray, so that any developer or data scientist can scale an ML application from their laptop to the cluster without needing to be a distributed systems expert.
Proud to be backed by Andreessen Horowitz, NEA, and Addition with $250+ million raised to date.
Anyscale is based in San Francisco, CA. Employees are required to come in office 3x a week.
Anyscale is looking for an Events Lead to join our Marketing team on a temporary basis, covering a parental leave period. This individual will be needed to work from early April through mid-October on a part-time basis. Events are a key strategic pillar in our long-term marketing strategy to deliver on ambitious revenue and community growth goals. The Events Lead will be responsible for program managing the planning and execution of our annual users conference program, Ray Summit, as well as assisting in other key components in the events program across 3rd party conferences the GenAI, AI/ML space and field marketing. This position requires strong organizational, communication, and multitasking skills, along with the ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
You have held roles managing the event function, ideally in the tech space. You care about creating a stellar & memorable attendee experience, but also pay close attention to the ROI numbers to ensure that events are delivering on the company’s business goals. You keep a pulse on the hottest trends in the events industry, but can think practically about how those trends fit to each unique context. You are comfortable in a fast-paced and fluid environment. You are a skilled project manager who can assess key priorities and ensure tasks are completed in the most efficient manner possible.
As part of this role you will:
- Project manage the execution of Ray Summit, sponsorship of 3rd party conferences and community meetups
- Collaboratively lead internal stakeholders across various functions (Content, Product, Sales, Engineering, etc) and external agencies / contractors to successfully execute on event strategy
- Manage event budget that balances the desire to deliver a high-quality attendee experience, while being financially responsible and delivering on company KPIs
- Define, monitor and report on event KPIs and impact. Use data to provide thoughtful recommendations on event strategy
- Coordinate with internal teams and external partners to meet deadlines and milestones
- Communicate effectively with internal stakeholders, clients, and vendors to ensure alignment and satisfaction
- Work closely with the marketing team to develop promotional materials and strategies to maximize event attendance
- Utilize various marketing channels to create awareness and generate interest in upcoming events
What you bring to the table:
- 5+ years of experience working in event strategy, planning, and/or operations, ideally in the tech industry
- Extensive experience owning / running large-scale strategic events like user conferences
- Passion for creating memorable event experiences by bringing various stakeholders together to tell a compelling and cohesive story through all event touchpoints
- Top-notch organization skills that allows you to juggle multiple threads, while still keeping a pulse on key details
- Strong communication skills, and ability to work with people across various levels and functions, including senior leadership
- Love for a dynamic and diverse environment, with the ability to stay calm under pressure and in fast-changing environments
Anyscale Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates are evaluated without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal or state law.