Lead Developer Advocate
Software Engineering, Legal
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, February 6, 2024
At Anyscale, we're on a mission to democratize distributed computing and make it accessible to software developers of all skill levels. We’re commercializing Ray, a popular open-source project that's creating an ecosystem of libraries for scalable machine learning. Companies like OpenAI, Uber, Spotify, Instacart, Cruise, and many more, have Ray in their tech stacks to accelerate the progress of AI applications out into the real world.
With Anyscale, we’re building the best place to run Ray, so that any developer or data scientist can scale an ML application from their laptop to the cluster without needing to be a distributed systems expert.
Proud to be backed by Andreessen Horowitz, NEA, and Addition with $250+ million raised to date.
Anyscale is based in San Francisco, CA. Employees are required to come in office 3x a week.
Anyscale is looking for a strong leader for our Developer Advocacy function. In this role, you will lead our efforts in growing and activating the Ray community – especially in the fast-moving domain of AI infrastructure and AI applications (especially LLM and GenAI).
As part of this role, you will:
- Lead strategy development, define KPIs for Dev Advocacy activities, and independently execute strategy
- Design and implement instrumentation for tracking and reporting on KPIs
- Work closely with external Ray users to write about their stories of using Ray (e.g. engineering blogs)
- Be the first person to try Ray features and provide feedback. Work with our Solutions team to build key reference implementations and examples
- Be a strong presence in social media channels (especially X, LinkedIn), with strong engagements from developers
- Build and nurture a vibrant developer community around Ray and Anyscale
- Work with Engineering to maintain an active online community (Slack, Github, and discuss.ray.io)
- Lead in-person efforts including meetups, Hackathons, conferences, and visiting users
- Help us build a strong Developer Advocate team in 2024
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- Extensive experience in developer relations / advocacy for open source technologies
- Leadership experience (preferably including people management)
- Strong technical background in distributed systems and machine learning. This includes software development experience (ability to build and assess things)
- Strong communication skills and can effectively share your work with a broader audience through writing and speaking
- At Anyscale, we take a market-based approach to compensation. We are data-driven, transparent, and consistent. As the market data changes over time, the target salary for this role may be adjusted accordingly.
- Stock Options
- Healthcare plans, with premiums covered by Anyscale at 99% for both employees and dependents
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Wellness stipend
- Education stipend
- Paid Parental Leave
- Flexible Time Off
- Commute reimbursement
- 100% of in-office meals covered
This role is also eligible to participate in Anyscale's Equity and Benefits offerings, including the following:
Anyscale Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates are evaluated without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal or state law.