BCB Paralegal Summer Internship 2023
BCB Paralegal Summer Internship, Summer 2023
BCB Group is a leading crypto-dedicated payment services provider, that believes in the revolutionary power of cryptocurrency and blockchain. Our mission is to connect and bank the global crypto industry by providing reliable and robust financial services. BCB was created by established thought leaders in finance, regulation and technology, who are focused on building a foundational infrastructure that caters to companies that need it most.
We provide accounts and payments processing for many of the industry’s largest clients including Bitstamp, Crypto.com, Fireblocks, Galaxy, Gemini, Huobi and Kraken.
The cryptocurrency and blockchain industry is growing rapidly, and we here at BCB Group want to continue shaping the way the industry progresses. We are looking for talented, motivated and crypto-passionate individuals to join us in ushering in this new financial revolution.
Join Our Revolution
Our employees live our values in how they drive the business forward and meet our customer needs. Doing the right thing governs our future-orientated approach. Inclusion and diversity are at the heart of our business strategy.
Diversity of experience and thought drives our creativity, innovation, optimism and growth mindset - and benefits us individually and collectively. BCB Group is committed to increasing opportunities for all and is proud of our recruitment and employee experience approach that puts inclusivity at the heart of our culture.
We have no template for the perfect employee. Our people and our business are diverse and non-conformist. We’re ok with being different. Every employee is valued and empowered to share ideas, innovate and grow.
When you become part of BCB, your job specification is the starting point. Your journey will be dynamic and one that we drive together for growth.
Though an interest in crypto and banking is a bonus (but not a deal-breaker), we need our employees to believe in our vision, our mission and to be as excited about our journey as we are. Crypto is a dynamic and innovative space that is open to new ideas. To work at BCB, you need to be open-minded and have the courage to do new things and think in new ways.
This is an exciting opportunity for a current student or recent graduate to join the growing BCB team. We are on a mission to build the world's leading financial hub for the crypto and blockchain industry.
This is a fixed 3 month paid Internship where you will get the opportunity to work in our fast-paced Legal Function.
Below is a brief outline of the key responsibilities:
- Working as part of a cross-functional team to provide commercial, regulatory and contractual legal support on a variety of projects across the Group.
- Helping to maintain template documents and create and maintain contract drafting playbooks.
- Assisting with commercial contracts management and administration.
- Assisting with regulatory scoping both in the UK and globally, and helping to advise the company on upcoming developments.
- Assisting with the administration of the Group’s contract lifecycle management system.
- Liaising with internal and external parties in a timely, professional and courteous manner.
So, what are we looking for?
- Must be available for the full internship period of 3 months.
- Experience or an interest in commercial contracts and/or financial regulation.
- Keen interest in the cryptocurrency and blockchain industry.
- A strong academic record, educated to at least LPC / SQE (or European equivalent)** OR Demonstrable practical experience working with contracts and/or in a regulatory environment.
- Ability to perform to a high level in an exciting, fast-paced, and rapidly evolving environment.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to effectively manage own workload.
- Ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels.
- Ability to understand and explain complex topics in basic terms.
- Excellent attention to detail and organisational skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and/or Google Docs is a must have.
**Candidates who have completed the GDL / Undergraduate Degree in Law / European equivalent will also be considered.
Selected candidates will be invited to attend interviews both virtually and in-person at our Paddington office.
What’s in it for you:
- The opportunity to operate at the forefront of a fast-paced, exciting industry
- Invaluable work experience allowing you to enhance your business skills and knowledge.
- 30 days holiday pro-rated.
- Paid internship.
- Hybrid working arrangement.