Senior Full Stack Software Engineer
Canopy is a fast growth early-stage startup looking for a seasoned Full Stack Engineer. In this role, you will be designing and building experiences and working on products with huge customer impact, including (but not limited to):
- CanopyOS: an out-of-the-box customer service UI that interfaces directly with the System of Record for real-time data
- LoanLab: a tool that allows stakeholders to simulate the entire lifecycle of a loan, test different policies and actions, and observe the effects over time (and in real-time)
- API Core: Canopy's API exposes a system of record to support organizations’ lending programs
This role is perfect for you if you are obsessed with great user experience and building cutting-edge products and component libraries. You consider yourself full-stack – you lean towards front-end work, but you’re not afraid to get your hands dirty in the API and backend when needed.
The base yearly salary range for this role is $170,000-$190,000 US dollars for candidates who reside in the United States. Compensation is commensurate with experience as well as location.
- Design and contribute to large-scale systems to unlock innovative lending products.
- Propose and lead technical projects that align with Canopy’s broader initiatives.
- Intimately work alongside product and operations to craft the best lending experiences possible.
- Contribute to engineering standards, tooling, and processes.
- Be responsible to our partners and their customers for the accuracy and effectiveness of the infrastructure, products, and tooling we provide.
- Collaborate closely with Product and Design to build flawless user experiences that sets the new gold standard of UX for financial products.
- Work closely with Design to harden and expand our front-end component library, Aura.
- Create beautiful interactive dashboard experiences using Node.js, Typescript, React, JS, and CSS.
- Develop and execute against both short- and long-term roadmaps, implement key action items, and make necessary tradeoffs to prioritize the user experience, sustainable technical foundation, and business goals.
- Formalize and enforce robust automated testing best practices for the front end and back end.
- An appreciation for great design and a keen eye for intuitive user experiences.
- Hold yourself and others to a high standard when working with production systems.
- Enjoy and have experience improving product experiences and building backend systems.
- Think about systems and services from a customer perspective and write high-quality code.
- Prefer working collaboratively with a diverse group of people with different expertise.
- Measure your success in terms of business impact, not lines of code; and do so in a way that embodies our core values.
- Be able to work autonomously and take ownership of projects from start to finish.
- Comfortable with context switching and have an understanding of what it means to work in a high-growth, early-stage startup.
- Bonus Points:
- Experience with server-side rendering frameworks like NextJS.
- Experience with state management libraries like Redux or XState.
- Experience in Serverless AWS.
- A culture of growth – Get in now and grow with us!
- Equity as part of our competitive comp packages
- Flexible Vacation
- Paid Parental Leave Policy
- 401(k) matching
- Monthly stipends for employee wellness and food
- Excellent health, vision, and dental package
- Home office set-up package
- Yearly team offsite somewhere fun
We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you're excited about this role but feel your past experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Canopy is a modern platform for managing and servicing loans. Our flexible, API-first architecture ensures any brand can embed financial products, bring those products to market quickly, and support borrowers with world-class service in a highly secure and compliant way.
With Canopy’s API and CanopyOS, fintechs, banks, and credit unions can improve borrower repayment rates, increase net promoter scores, and decrease the cost of servicing for lending and credit card products.
Canopy is a values-based business that believes we can have a huge impact and do it in a way that we all are proud of. We value empathy towards our customers, our teammates, and ourselves. Individuals that have a history of and enthusiasm for transparency, and who understand the importance of gratitude and celebrating every step forward (and the occasional step backward), will do well here.
Something looks off?