Professional Services Consultant, Accounting and Reporting
Accounting & Finance, Sales & Business Development
United States · Remote
Posted on Thursday, March 10, 2022
CaptivateIQ is a leading sales commission platform — recognized by industry analysts, including Forrester, as well as reputable marketplaces like G2. We are trusted by category leaders and innovators like Gong, Lattice, and DataRobot.
With backing from Sequoia, Accel, ICONIQ, and other leading investors, CaptivateIQ is on a mission to enable every company to take control of commission management.
Come and see why Glassdoor and Comparably have recognized CaptivateIQ as a best place to work!
About the Role
We are searching for a passionate new team member to join our Customer Experience team as a Professional Services Consultant focusing on Accounting and Reporting. Our Professional Services team provides implementation design, training, and other professional services to our customers, ensuring that our customers derive optimal benefits from CaptivateIQ.
Have a wealth of accounting knowledge but looking for a new challenge? Do you enjoy spending your day building a model in excel? Our customers start with modeling their commission plans on our platform and end with aggregating and reporting on those plans. Your accounting and modeling knowledge would be a great asset to our team!
We’re building a world-class team of data modelers and incentive specialists that cares deeply about the value that our software brings to our customers. This role is an incredible opportunity to take your existing skills and focus them on helping to grow our business.
- Work closely with customers and other members of the Professional Services team to deliver best-in-class professional services to our customers
- Lead and complete implementation and other significant projects
- Become an expert in using CaptivateIQ
- Apply your understanding of applicable accounting requirements to develop and maintain best practices for using CaptivateIQ to meet said requirements
- Understand customer plan requirements and design system configurations maximizing modeling efficiency and repeatability
- Configure and test implementations based on customers’ unique needs
- Consult with and guide customers to enable best practice use of our platform
- 2+ years work experience in sales compensation, accounting, or finance
- Understanding of sales compensation or sales commissions accounting
- Top-notch experience developing and maintaining calculations for large data sets using spreadsheets
- Highly analytical and detail-oriented
- Friendly, obsessively customer-focused and service-oriented
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- CPA License
- Understanding of capitalization and amortization requirements of sales commissions under ASC 340, ASC 606, or IFRS 15
- Past experience with CaptivateIQ sales compensation software, or experience with a competitor’s software: SAP Callidus Cloud, Xactly Incent, Varicent
- Past experience implementing sales compensation software
- Proficiency with databases, or data visualization and modeling tools
- Past experience in any of the following capacities: financial operations, financial planning, accounting, system implementation, sales engineering, solutions architect, customer success, technology consulting, business analysis
- (US-ONLY) 100% of medical, dental, and vision covered including 75% for dependents
- Flexible vacation days and quarterly mental health days so you can recharge
- Enjoy a one-time expense on your 1-year work anniversary (to use for travel, home furnishings, fancy meal)
- One time work from home stipend & annual stipends for professional development and caretaking
- (US-ONLY) 401k plan to participate in and save towards the future
- Newest Apple products to help you do your best work
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) to support and celebrate the shared identities and life experiences of communities within CaptivateIQ. ERGs directly support our company-wide DEI goals as a space for developing and retaining diverse talent
Notice for Prospective Candidates
- We are aware of active recruitment scams using the CaptivateIQ name, in which individuals pose as our recruiters and post fake remote job openings and make fake job offers on the Internet. Please note, we will never do the following:
- Attempt to correspond with a candidate using a free web-based account, such as an email address that ends in @gmail.com, @yahoo.com, @hotmail.com, etc.
- Make an offer of employment without conducting multiple rounds of interviews face-to-face using secure video-conferencing technology.
- Ask candidates to cash checks to buy equipment on behalf of CaptivateIQ.
- Ask candidates to make a payment in order to be considered for a position.
- Make early requests for candidates' personal information such as date of birth, passport details, credit card numbers, bank details and social security number, etc.
- Please note that we’ll only ask for more sensitive personal information in connection with background checks after an offer is made.
See more open positions at CaptivateIQ
Something looks off?