Engineering Manager, Site Reliability
United States · Remote
Posted on Friday, January 6, 2023
CaptivateIQ is a leading sales commission platform — recognized by industry analysts, including Forrester, as well as reputable marketplaces like G2. We are trusted by category leaders and innovators like Gong, Lattice, and DataRobot.
With backing from Sequoia, Accel, ICONIQ, and other leading investors, CaptivateIQ is on a mission to enable every company to take control of commission management.
Come and see why Glassdoor and Comparably have recognized CaptivateIQ as a best place to work
About the role
Behind every great software company is the team building it. We are an engineering team of multicultural, highly collaborative, fully distributed, humble learners. We pride ourselves on building best-in-class products powered by innovative technologies. The manager for the SRE team is responsible for leading the team delivering the infrastructure and tools that our product engineering teams use to deliver CaptivateIQ to our customers. We have many interesting problems for this team to tackle as we grow and scale our product. You’ll have the ability to influence product direction and enable engineering teams to deliver the next generation of products to our customers.
We are primarily interested in candidates who are located in the Central or East Coast time zones.
- Recruit, inspire, manage and grow a team of SREs.
- Mentor the professional development of each engineer through personal and performance management and coaching.
- Design, build, and maintain infrastructure and tools that allow CaptivateIQ to continue to delight our customers.
- Work closely with engineering leadership to define objectives and clarify direction for the SRE team.
- Build and evangelize best practices, high engineering and security standards, and continuously improve our codebases and processes.
- 5+ years SRE/DevOps/Cloud Engineering experience
- 2+ years of people management and hands-on engineering management
- Exceptional interpersonal and written communication skills
- Past experience using Python, Terraform and/or Golang
- Experience operating SaaS products in a cloud environment like AWS.
- Experience building and scaling web applications and data-intensive applications
- Previous experience in a high growth, startup company preferred
- Experience managing a distributed engineering team. The CaptivateIQ’s SRE team is located between the US midwest and in Europe.
- 100% of medical, dental, and vision covered including 75% for dependents
- $1,000 to explore your dream destination on your work anniversary
- $500 annual professional development stipend to continue growing and learning
- $500 home office stipend to decorate your home office
- $1,000 caretaker stipend to make sure our parent colleagues are being supported
- Virtual team lunches to keep you connected
- 401k plan to participate in and save towards the future
- Newest hardware and tools for the job
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) to support and celebrate the shared identities and life experiences of communities within CaptivateIQ. ERGs directly support our company-wide DEI goals as a space for developing and retaining diverse talent
Notice to Prospective Candidates
- We are aware of active recruitment scams using the CaptivateIQ name, in which individuals pose as our recruiters and post fake remote job openings and make fake job offers on the Internet. Please note, we will never do the following:
- Attempt to correspond with a candidate using a free web-based account, such as an email address that ends in @gmail.com, @yahoo.com, @hotmail.com, etc.
- Make an offer of employment without conducting multiple rounds of interviews face-to-face using secure video-conferencing technology.
- Ask candidates to cash checks to buy equipment on behalf of CaptivateIQ.
- Ask candidates to make a payment in order to be considered for a position.
- Make early requests for candidates' personal information such as date of birth, passport details, credit card numbers, bank details, and social security number, etc.
- Please note that we’ll only ask for more sensitive personal information in connection with background checks after an offer is made.
See more open positions at CaptivateIQ
Something looks off?