Strategic Account Executive - Remote
Sales & Business Development
United States · Remote
Posted on Thursday, October 15, 2020
CaptivateIQ is a leading sales commission platform — recognized by industry analysts, including Forrester, as well as reputable marketplaces like G2. We are trusted by category leaders and innovators like Gong, Lattice, and DataRobot.
With backing from Sequoia, Accel, ICONIQ, and other leading investors, CaptivateIQ is on a mission to enable every company to take control of commission management.
Come and see why Glassdoor and Comparably have recognized CaptivateIQ as a best place to work!
About the Role
As an Account Executive, you will be a key member of the team leading the growth of our new business by turning CaptivateIQ’s prospective users into long-term, happy customers. The ideal candidate is highly motivated, customer-obsessed, and always looking to improve. You are a well-rounded salesperson, capable of engaging in business-level conversations at multiple levels of the organization, including the CFO, CRO, and VP of Sales. You are used to building value in competitive situations and enjoy selling products that require deep product knowledge, combined with technical understanding. Finally, you enjoy building – you like to actively participate in the development of our sales processes and want to make an impact at a high-growth startup!
If you’re motivated, smart, persistent, and a great teammate, we want to hear from you!
- Identify, close, and grow new accounts, managing opportunities from lead to close
- Build and manage a qualified pipeline following approved sales methodologies
- Prospect creatively via various methods to break into target accounts
- Execute successful sales demos to educate prospects and win new business
- Acquire in-depth knowledge of our prospective customers' specific pain points and how they are solved with the CaptivateIQ platform
- Track record of proven success in the AE role
- 3-6 years of closing SaaS sales experience with a track record of top performance; preferably selling a technical product
- Strong presentation and communication skills in person, via email, and on the phone
- Experience pitching and delivering sales demos to executives
- Aptitude in working cross-functionally with product, support, marketing, and other functions
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced startup environment
- Proficiency with Salesforce
- Past experience in any of the following capacities: Finance, Consulting, and Commissions
- Proficiency with popular CRMs (e.g. Salesforce), ERPs (e.g. Netsuite), and/or billing systems (e.g. Zuora)
- (US-ONLY) 100% of medical, dental, and vision covered including 75% for dependents
- Flexible vacation days and quarterly mental health days so you can recharge
- Enjoy a one-time expense on your 1-year work anniversary (to use for travel, home furnishings, fancy meal)
- One time work from home stipend & annual stipends for professional development and caretaking
- Virtual team lunches to keep you connected
- (US-ONLY) 401k plan to participate in and save towards the future
- Newest Apple products to help you do your best work
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) to support and celebrate the shared identities and life experiences of communities within CaptivateIQ. ERGs directly support our company-wide DEI goals as a space for developing and retaining diverse talent
Notice for Prospective Candidates:
- We are aware of active recruitment scams using the CaptivateIQ name, in which individuals pose as our recruiters and post fake remote job openings and make fake job offers on the Internet. Please note, we will never do the following:
- Attempt to correspond with a candidate using a free web-based account, such as an email address that ends in @gmail.com, @yahoo.com, @hotmail.com, etc.
- Make an offer of employment without conducting multiple rounds of interviews face-to-face using secure video-conferencing technology.
- Ask candidates to cash checks to buy equipment on behalf of CaptivateIQ.
- Ask candidates to make a payment in order to be considered for a position.
- Make early requests for candidates' personal information such as date of birth, passport details, credit card numbers, bank details and social security number, etc.
- Please note that we’ll only ask for more sensitive personal information in connection with background checks after an offer is made.
See more open positions at CaptivateIQ
Something looks off?