Engineering Manager, Core Experiences
Software Engineering, Other Engineering
United States · Remote
Posted on Monday, August 14, 2023
CaptivateIQ is a leading sales commission platform — recognized by industry analysts, including Forrester, as well as reputable marketplaces like G2. We are trusted by category leaders and innovators like Gong, Lattice, and DataRobot.
With backing from Sequoia, Accel, ICONIQ, and other leading investors, CaptivateIQ is on a mission to enable every company to take control of commission management.
Come and see why Glassdoor and Comparably have recognized CaptivateIQ as a best place to work!
About the Role
Behind every great software company is the team building it. We are an engineering team of multicultural, highly collaborative, fully distributed, humble learners. We pride ourselves on building best-in-class products powered by innovative technologies.
CaptivateIQ offers the smartest, most flexible way to automate sales commissions and track sales performance - two critical processes that power every successful sales organization on the planet. The Core Experiences team is responsible for building first-class products that streamline the day-to-day experience of commission administrators and motivate sales reps to maximize their potential. You will be leading a fast-paced team that ships incrementally and iteratively, using data to drive decisions.
- Recruit, inspire, manage and grow a team of software engineers
- Mentor the professional development of each engineer through personal and performance management and coaching
- Design, build, and maintain user-facing experiences, APIs, services, and systems to solve problems and delight users from end-to-end
- Work closely with product owners to set priorities, objectives and clarify direction for the engineering team
- Build and evangelize best practices, high engineering and security standards, and continuously improve our codebases and team processes
- 5+ years software development experience
- 2+ years of people management and hands-on engineering management
- Strong product sense to bridge the gap between product, design, and engineering
- Experience building and shipping market-leading products that delight customers
- Exceptional interpersonal and written communication skills
- Previous experience in a high-growth startup
- Strong inclination towards data-driven decision making and measuring impact
- High sense of ownership and accountability with a proven track record of driving top-notch execution
- Collaborative, humble, learner with a strong growth mindset
- Strong command of frontend web development
- Experience building and rolling out design systems
- Penchant for incorporating generative AI tools to uplevel team productivity
CaptivateIQ participates in E-Verify, web-based system that allows enrolled employers to confirm the eligibility of their employees to work in the United States