Business Development Manager
Sales & Business Development
Raleigh, NC, USA
Posted on Thursday, September 7, 2023
CaptivateIQ is a leading sales commission platform — recognized by industry analysts, including Forrester, as well as reputable marketplaces like G2. We are trusted by category leaders and innovators like Gong, Lattice, and DataRobot.
With backing from Sequoia, Accel, ICONIQ, Sapphire Ventures, and other leading investors, CaptivateIQ is on a mission to enable every company to take control of commission management.
Come and see why Glassdoor and Comparably have recognized CaptivateIQ as a best place to work!
About the Role:
As a Business Development Manager, your charter is to help build, challenge and advise on CaptivateIQ’s outbound pipeline generation strategy. This includes iterating on existing processes, experimenting with new approaches, and coaching a group of 6-10 BDRs on multi-channel prospecting. You will drive the BDR team’s results by recruiting, training, measuring, and leading. You will report to the Senior Director of Business Development and have ample resources and autonomy to hit your team's goals.
- 8 Core Characteristics we care most about for our BDRs: Grit, Ambition, Coachability, Organization, Curiosity, Ownership, Competition, and Storytelling. What do they mean to you?
- We Hire Right and Don’t Micro-Manage: We hire go-getters (ones where we do not second guess their “grit”)- and take a Data-driven Approach to coach around strategic factors like Messaging, Nuanced ICP Knowledge, Leading KPI Tracking (Business Acumen + Organization)
- We Promise Clarity, Not Certainty: You know that a career path is one of the most important motivators for a BDR team. This means you know how to set proper expectations and provide consistent evaluations on skillset as it aligns with career goals
- Lead with Empathy, Never Compromise on Numbers: You seek first to understand- your team, your peers, your leaders. But numbers do not lie- they unveil inefficient processes/metrics- use this to coach your team and propose new solutions as a leader
- Be able to coach and grow BDRs to achieve core responsibilities of their role and for the role the role they will have in the future (AE, AM, CSM, etc.)
- Build strong relationships with leadership across departments and define paths to optimize your team’s performance
- Understand reporting in our tech stack to coach BDRs on specific behavior
- Analyze cadences and templates for effective outreach, identify patterns of what’s working and what’s not
- Take an ownership stake in hiring and onboarding of additional BDRs
- Ensure lead-to-attack time and other SLAs with marketing are achieved
- Experiment with different outreach methods and mixes to build scalable, predictable playbooks that result in qualified meetings
- Have a strong working knowledge of our core personas, competitors, product offerings, and named accounts
- Create business development collateral, including call scripts and prospecting emails to ensure consistent, effective, and scalable messaging
- 6+ Consecutive Quarters of BDR/SDR Management Experience at a high-growth organization
- Closing Experience greater than 1 year
- Relevant teaching and/or leadership experience preferred
- US-ONLY) 100% of medical, dental, and vision covered including 75% for dependents.
- Flexible vacation days and quarterly mental health days so you can recharge.
- Enjoy a one-time expense on your 1-year work anniversary (to use for travel, home furnishings, fancy meal).
- Annual stipends for professional development, work from home to decorate your home office, and a caretaker stipend to make sure our parent colleagues are being supported.
- Virtual team lunches to keep you connected.
- (US-ONLY) 401k plan to participate in and save towards the future.
- Newest Apple products to help you do your best work.
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) to support and celebrate the shared identities and life experiences of communities within CaptivateIQ. ERGs directly support our company-wide DEI goals as a space for developing and retaining diverse talent
Notice for Prospective Candidates
- We are aware of active recruitment scams using the CaptivateIQ name, in which individuals pose as our recruiters and post fake remote job openings and make fake job offers on the Internet. Please note, we will never do the following:
- Attempt to correspond with a candidate using a free web-based account, such as an email address that ends in @gmail.com, @yahoo.com, @hotmail.com, etc.
- Make an offer of employment without conducting multiple rounds of interviews face-to-face using secure video-conferencing technology.
- Ask candidates to cash checks to buy equipment on behalf of CaptivateIQ.
- Ask candidates to make a payment in order to be considered for a position.
- Make early requests for candidates' personal information such as date of birth, passport details, credit card numbers, bank details and social security number, etc.
- Please note that we’ll only ask for more sensitive personal information in connection with background checks after an offer is made.
CaptivateIQ participates in E-Verify, web-based system that allows enrolled employers to confirm the eligibility of their employees to work in the United States