Director of Partnerships
Sales & Business Development
United States · Remote
Posted on Wednesday, October 18, 2023
CaptivateIQ is a leading sales commission platform — recognized by industry analysts, including Forrester, as well as reputable marketplaces like G2. We are trusted by category leaders and innovators like Gong, Lattice, and DataRobot.
With backing from Sequoia, Accel, ICONIQ, Sapphire Ventures, and other leading investors, CaptivateIQ is on a mission to enable every company to take control of commission management.
Come and see why Glassdoor and Comparably have recognized CaptivateIQ as a best place to work!
About The Role:
As the Director of Partnerships at CaptivateIQ within our Sales organization, you will play a foundational role in shaping and building strategic alliances & comprehensive business plans with our key partners. You will be the pioneer in establishing and nurturing strong relationships with our partners, ensuring alignment with CaptivateIQ's growth plans. This entails owning the entire alliance relationship, guiding partner and sales leadership, and taking full ownership of partner revenue goals and pipeline development. Your efforts will be aimed at enhancing our market presence, driving customer acquisition, and expanding our product/service offering
Reporting directly to the Senior VP of Sales you will be a key member of our sales leadership team. We need a world-class ambitious leader, to embrace this impactful opportunity.
- Shape the CaptivateIQ partner ecosystem, experience, and Go-To-Market Strategy by working closely with CaptivateIQ partners and sales leadership to enhance our market presence, drive customer acquisition, and expand our product/service offering.
- Take complete ownership of our partners' revenue goals & pipeline development
- Develop a deep understanding of partners’ business strategy and build specific CaptivateIQ growth initiatives that align with partners’ business strategy and CaptivateIQ’s strengths
- Coach partners on the value of developing differentiated solution offerings that combine their IP and CaptivateIQ’s world-class ICM platform.
- Conduct thorough competitive intelligence research to provide insights into market trends, competitor strengths, and weaknesses.
- Identify strategic partner opportunities & initiatives to penetrate new markets and verticals, including identifying opportunities, assessing risks, and recommending actionable strategies to dominate these segments
- Collaborate with CaptivateIQ SEs and Enablement teams to ensure deep penetration into partner field teams
- Increase partner-driven sales by creating a territory strategy with Regional Account Executives, and Sales Leaders by designing and running activities such as Quarterly Business Reviews (QBRs), joint account mapping, joint pipeline review and forecast, solution definition, and alignment.
- Plan and execute, in collaboration with Marketing, activities, and events that will generate and influence the business in the region.
- Support CaptivateIQ sales activities webcasts, roadshows, and contract negotiations.
- Work effectively across the CaptivateIQ organization including Marketing, Sales Teams, Product Teams, and Executives to drive strategic partner initiatives and ensure GTM strategy is aligned as well as continuously optimized
- 5 years of experience in Incentive Compensation Management (ICM) with a proven track record as a key stakeholder in building partner programs, ecosystems, and Partner Go-To-Market strategies.
- Demonstrated sales and channel track record of success, working with managed service providers, System Integrators, and/or Value Added Reseller Partners.
- The candidate should have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions.
- Strong networking, business development, and influencing skills that translate into building commitment and driving actions across organizational boundaries.
- Experienced at influencing others, both externally and internally; ability to work effectively and build consensus across various functional groups to achieve goals.
- Effective in a fast-paced environment, comfortable with environments lacking full definition, and willing to take calculated risks.
- Exceptional negotiation, communication, and interpersonal skills to establish and maintain strategic partnerships
- Data-oriented with a focus on leveraging data and analytics to drive partnership strategies and decisions as well as track alliances' impact
- (US-ONLY) 100% of medical, dental, and vision covered including 75% for dependents
- Flexible vacation days and quarterly mental health days so you can recharge
- Enjoy a one-time expense on your 1-year work anniversary (to use for travel, home furnishings, fancy meal)
- One time work from home stipend & annual stipends for professional development and caretaking
- Virtual team lunches to keep you connected
- (US-ONLY) 401k plan to participate in and save towards the future
- Newest Apple products to help you do your best work
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) to support and celebrate the shared identities and life experiences of communities within CaptivateIQ. ERGs directly support our company-wide DEI goals as a space for developing and retaining diverse talent
Notice for Prospective Candidates
- Only emails from @captivateiq.com should be trusted.
- Attempt to correspond with a candidate using a free web-based account, such as an email address that ends in @gmail.com, @yahoo.com, @hotmail.com, etc.
- Make an offer of employment without conducting multiple rounds of interviews face-to-face using secure video-conferencing technology.
- Ask candidates to cash checks to buy equipment on behalf of CaptivateIQ.
- Ask candidates to make a payment in order to be considered for a position.
- Make early requests for candidates' personal information such as date of birth, passport details, credit card numbers, bank details and social security number, etc.
- Please note that we’ll only ask for more sensitive personal information in connection with background checks after an offer is made.
We are aware of active recruitment scams using the CaptivateIQ name, in which individuals pose as our recruiters and post fake remote job openings and make fake job offers on the Internet. Please note, we will never do the following:
CaptivateIQ participates in E-Verify, web-based system that allows enrolled employers to confirm the eligibility of their employees to work in the United States