Accounting & Finance
United States · Remote
Posted on Tuesday, November 28, 2023
CaptivateIQ is a leading sales commission platform — recognized by industry analysts, including Forrester, as well as reputable marketplaces like G2. We are trusted by category leaders and innovators like Gong, Lattice, and DataRobot.
With backing from Sequoia, Accel, ICONIQ, and other leading investors, CaptivateIQ is on a mission to enable every company to take control of commission management.
Come and see why Glassdoor and Comparably have recognized CaptivateIQ as a best place to work!
About the role:
CaptivateIQ is seeking an experienced Staff Accountant to support our rapid growth and increasingly complex accounting operations. You will be an integral part of the Company's Accounting team focusing on supporting our accounts payable function. The ideal candidate possesses a strong accounting background, is comfortable being hands-on, and thrives in the fast-changing world of growth-stage companies.
- Serve as an integral part of our procure-to-pay process including coding vendor invoices, issuing virtual cards, and processing employee reimbursements within our new AP platform, Airbase
- Assist with our order-to-cash process including processing invoices, recognizing revenue, and supporting the timely collection of customer receivables
- Aid in the implementation of new software to help drive simplicity and automation
- Complete monthly tax filings and address state & local tax issues with external advisors
- Identify technical accounting issues and support the team to implement solutions
- Support the annual financial audit
- Other duties and ad-hoc projects as required
- 2+ years of experience in a similar accounting role
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or a related field
- Experience in public accounting preferred
- Highly organized, independent, self-motivated, objective thinker with excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- High proficiency in Excel (e.g., vlookups, sumifs, pivot tables)
- Comprehensive knowledge of revenue recognition under U.S. GAAP
- Comfort working remotely with occasional travel
- Experience with NetSuite and/or Airbase a plus
- CPA preferred
- (US-ONLY) 100% of medical, dental, and vision covered including 75% for dependents
- Flexible vacation days and quarterly mental health days so you can recharge
- Enjoy a one-time expense on your 1-year work anniversary (to use for travel, home furnishings, fancy meal)
- One time work from home stipend & annual stipends for professional development and caretaking
- Virtual team lunches to keep you connected
- (US-ONLY) 401k plan to participate in and save towards the future
- Newest Apple products to help you do your best work
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) to support and celebrate the shared identities and life experiences of communities within CaptivateIQ. ERGs directly support our company-wide DEI goals as a space for developing and retaining diverse talent
Notice for Prospective Candidates
- Only emails from @captivateiq.com should be trusted.
- We are aware of active recruitment scams using the CaptivateIQ name, in which individuals pose as our recruiters and post fake remote job openings and make fake job offers on the Internet. Please note, we will never do the following:
- Attempt to correspond with a candidate using a free web-based account, such as an email address that ends in @gmail.com, @yahoo.com, @hotmail.com, etc.
- Make an offer of employment without conducting multiple rounds of interviews face-to-face using secure video-conferencing technology.
- Ask candidates to cash checks to buy equipment on behalf of CaptivateIQ.
- Ask candidates to make a payment in order to be considered for a position.
- Make early requests for candidates' personal information such as date of birth, passport details, credit card numbers, bank details and social security number, etc.
- Please note that we’ll only ask for more sensitive personal information in connection with background checks after an offer is made.