Fullstack Software Engineer - Core Experiences
Posted on Thursday, January 11, 2024
CaptivateIQ is a leading sales commission platform — recognized by industry analysts, including Forrester, as well as reputable marketplaces like G2. We are trusted by category leaders and innovators like Gong, Lattice, and DataRobot.
With backing from Sequoia, Accel, ICONIQ, and other leading investors, CaptivateIQ is on a mission to enable every company to take control of commission management.
Come and see why Glassdoor and Comparably have recognized CaptivateIQ as a best place to work!
About the role:
Behind every great software company is the team building it. We are an engineering team of multicultural, highly collaborative, fully distributed, humble learners. We pride ourselves on building best-in-class products powered by innovative technologies. In this role you’d be responsible for helping maintain the core platform that compensation admins use to build and operate sales compensation models in CaptivateIQ.
CaptivateIQ offers the smartest, most flexible way to automate sales commissions and track sales performance - two critical processes that power every successful sales organization on the planet. The Core Experiences team is responsible for building first-class products that streamline the day-to-day experience of commission administrators and motivate sales reps to maximize their potential. You will be joining a fast-paced team that ships incrementally and iteratively, using data to drive decisions.
- Design, build, optimize, and maintain CaptivateIQ's data and core platform functionality
- Work across the our full product stack to develop and improve product features
- Participate in the product development process from start to finish, from scoping projects to measuring their success and iterating based on feedback
- Maintain high engineering and security standards, and continuously improve our codebases and processes
- Work with engineers across the company to develop and iterate at scale
- 4+ years experience in a software engineering role
- You have strong computer science fundamentals (data structures/algorithms)
- You have experience with both frontend and backend development
- You exhibit strong verbal and written communication skills
- You demonstrate proficiency with Django and React
- You have experience with a relational database such as PostgreSQL or MySQL
- You have demonstrated a track record of taking responsibility and ownership over core product areas
- You have a sharp attention to detail, and a user-centric focus
- You have experience making data-driven decisions on product and process
- You have experience building a positive remote-first culture
Nice to have:
- Proficiency with Typescript, AWS, Cypress, and/or Chakra UI
- (US-ONLY) 100% of medical, dental, and vision covered including 75% for dependents
- Flexible vacation days and quarterly mental health days so you can recharge
- Enjoy a one-time expense on your 1-year work anniversary (to use for travel, home furnishings, fancy meal)
- One time work from home stipend & annual stipends for professional development and caretaking
- Virtual team lunches to keep you connected
- (US-ONLY) 401k plan to participate in and save towards the future
- Newest Apple products to help you do your best work
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) to support and celebrate the shared identities and life experiences of communities within CaptivateIQ. ERGs directly support our company-wide DEI goals as a space for developing and retaining diverse talent
Notice to Prospective Candidates:
- Only emails from @captivateiq.com should be trusted.
- Attempt to correspond with a candidate using a free web-based account, such as an email address that ends in @gmail.com, @yahoo.com, @hotmail.com, etc.
- Make an offer of employment without conducting multiple rounds of interviews face-to-face using secure video-conferencing technology.
- Ask candidates to cash checks to buy equipment on behalf of CaptivateIQ.
- Ask candidates to make a payment in order to be considered for a position.
- Make early requests for candidates' personal information such as date of birth, passport details, credit card numbers, bank details and social security number, etc.
- Please note that we’ll only ask for more sensitive personal information in connection with background checks after an offer is made.
We are aware of active recruitment scams using the CaptivateIQ name, in which individuals pose as our recruiters and post fake remote job openings and make fake job offers on the Internet. Please note, we will never do the following:
CaptivateIQ participates in E-Verify, web-based system that allows enrolled employers to confirm the eligibility of their employees to work in the United States