Associate Support Engineer (Remote US & Canada)
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Thursday, May 11, 2023
We’re looking for a Support Engineer to elevate Chord as the leader in Commerce-as-a-Service technology. You’ll join a growing team that is building a platform to empower the next generation of brands with smart technology, unique customer experiences, and insightful data.
In this role, you join a cross-departmental group to deliver an excellent support experience to Chord’s customers. You will respond to questions and resolve technical issues escalated by our Customer Success team, and answer technical questions from our selected agency partners. This is a technical role, so you may, at times, need to submit code changes or adjust system configuration to fix bugs, enhance the user experience, and/or improve system performance. As our next Associate Support Engineer, you will report to the Engineering Manager and collaborate closely with our Customer Success team.
Chord offers advanced ecommerce infrastructure for growing brands that want to have cutting-edge technology and data without a large engineering team. We like to think of our product as the tech engine for high-velocity growth. Backed by top investors, Chord is an early-stage SaaS company led by industry veterans, and we’re seeking smart, focused, creative talent to help us realize our vision.
Our company is proudly remote-first, distributed across North America.
As an Associate Support Engineer, you will:
- Analyze and investigate technical issues raised by customers and propose solutions to Engineering and Product.
- Write code and submit pull requests to fix bugs or optimize technical products, when required.
- Escalate more complicated issues to Product and/or Engineering teams when required (L3 Escalations).
- Documentation resolutions to technical issues to make resolving future issues faster and refine processes for issue investigation.
- Monitor system performance and uptime, and propose improvements.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need:
- Previous experience in roles such as Customer Support Engineer, Technical Account Manager, Solutions Engineer, Escalations Engineer, and/or Support Analyst.
- Experience in back-end web frameworks and general Linux server administration.
- Experience with cloud hosting platforms, such as Heroku and AWS.
- Experience with monitoring and data products like Sentry, Datadog, and Snowflake.
- Great teaching and communications skills across multiple mediums.
Bonus points for:
- Experience in Ruby on Rails, NodeJS/React/Remix.
- Understanding of external integrations with platforms like Segment.
- Familiarity with modern CMS systems like Contentful or Sanity.
- Hands-on experience with complex ecommerce experience is a big plus.
You’ll love this role if you are:
- Passionate about creating a better commerce experience for scaling Direct-to-Consumer (DTC) brands.
- Excited by the opportunity to be an early, critical member of a growing organization.
- Personally aligned with our mission to make commerce accessible.
- Looking to work with a team of interested, inclusive, talented people from all across North America.
Working at Chord, you can expect:
- An investment in your physical and mental well-being; we offer 100% employee Medical Benefits coverage, with 65% dependant coverage.
- Flexible, uncapped PTO; we encourage a minimum of 4 weeks/year.
- An onboarding package and annual work from home stipend to ensure you have everything you need to be successful while working remote.
- Generous Parental Leave with customizable transition back to work program.
- The benefits of working from home, with opportunities to spend quality time with the team at Chord in-person events throughout the year.
- To make an impact! We’re an early-stage company, which means there is space to champion ideas, and create and lead initiatives at any level in the Organization.
About your application and the interview process
Chord is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you’re unsure about your qualifications for this position, we still encourage you to apply.
Our interview process for the role begins with an exploratory conversation with the Hiring Manager. After that, we’ll invite you to a Zoom session with a range of stakeholders from across our organization. We aim to get to know you and allow you to learn more about our team and product while being respectful of your time.
See more open positions at Chord
Something looks off?