Senior Analytics Engineer
Software Engineering, Data Science
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Saturday, November 18, 2023
We’re looking for a Senior Analytics Engineer to elevate Chord as the leader in composable commerce. You’ll join a growing team building a platform to empower modern and omnichannel brands with smart technology, unique customer experiences, and insightful data.
In this role, you will be an integral part of Chord’s data team’s success. You will investigate trends and patterns in ecommerce and build the associated data models that fuel best-in-class insights and a reporting toolkit intended to empower our customers with solid insights to drive their business. As our next Analytics Engineer, you will be a key member of the Data team and will report directly to our Chief Data Officer.
Chord offers advanced data and ecommerce infrastructure for modern brands that want to have cutting-edge technology and unified data without a large engineering team. We like to think of our product as the tech engine for high-velocity growth. Backed by top investors, Chord is a SaaS company led by industry veterans, and we’re seeking smart, focused, creative talent to help us realize our vision.
Our company is proudly remote-first, distributed across North America.
As a Senior Analytics Engineer, you will:
- Understand and translate business needs and organizational insights into executable data transformation models to deliver key technology assets.
- Provide leadership in analytics modeling, data testing, data engineering, and reporting.
- Discover and deliver insights and reporting to our customers.
- Develop data pipelines and DBT models to support the Chord data offering, ensuring our data infrastructure delivers data to analytics and business systems reliably.
- Create algorithms to determine relationships between various data sources and provide insights to our end users.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need:
- Experience related to data & analytics, reporting, data warehousing, data. testing, and analytics engineering.
- Experience building and maintaining data infrastructure.
- A proven track record of data integration for data model consumption.
- Experience analyzing large datasets from different source structure data and data models for reporting consumption.
- The ability to build constructive business and IT relationships, gaining the trust of others in a cross-functional environment.
- Experience with Looker, DBT, SQL, Snowflake, and Fivetran.
- Experience with cloud-based AWS ecosystems and products.
- Experience with real-time data streams, cohorting, data classification, and data lineage is a big plus.
Working at Chord, you can expect:
- An investment in your physical and mental well-being; we offer 100% employee Medical Benefits coverage, with 65% dependent coverage.
- Flexible PTO; we encourage you to take the time you need to be your best self at work.
- An onboarding package and annual work from home stipend to ensure you have everything you need to be successful while working remote.
- Generous Parental Leave with customizable transition back to work program.
- The benefits of working from home, with opportunities to spend quality time with the team at Chord in-person events throughout the year.
- To make an impact! We’re an early-stage company, which means there is space to champion ideas, and create and lead initiatives at any level in the Organization.
About your application and the interview process
Chord is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you’re unsure about your qualifications for this position, we still encourage you to apply.
Our interview process for the role begins with an exploratory conversation with the Hiring Manager. After that, we’ll invite you to a Zoom session with a range of stakeholders from across our organization. We aim to get to know you and allow you to learn more about our team and product while being respectful of your time.