Senior Backend Engineer
Who we are
Coefficient is a VC-backed SaaS startup based in the SF Bay Area. We are building a remote-first company with a focus on hiring the best talent regardless of location. Our culture is centered around people who are smart, driven, curious and collaborative. We are embarking on a journey to unleash the power and flexibility of spreadsheets across all of the data in company systems. The founders are serial entrepreneurs whose last startup, Shopular, was backed by Y Combinator and Sequoia and acquired by Rakuten Ebates.
What we do
Coefficient provides a no-code solution that enables business teams to access their company data in real-time directly from their spreadsheets and make it actionable across the organization. Whether their data lives in business applications, databases, data warehouses, or business intelligence solutions, business users can easily work with this data without IT involvement.
Using Coefficient, business teams can be more effective with company data that's connected, automated and performant in the most familiar and flexible analytics product - their spreadsheet. By meeting users where they are, companies can now reduce friction between IT and business teams to drive higher efficiency and growth.
- You have 7+ years of experience designing and building complex backend systems
- You have extensive Python experience
- You relish the challenge of designing high-throughput data pipelines to support interactive, real-time use cases
- You have production experience with data stores such as PostgreSQL, Redis and Cassandra
- You have experience deploying apps and services to a production cloud environment
- You are thoughtful about software development best practices and care deeply about code quality, clean abstractions and interfaces, and processes (automated and otherwise) that enable an engineering team to ship quickly without breaking things
- You have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Since we are a remote team, good documentation and written record are critical.
- You are self-motivated, can deliver complex features with little direction, and thrive in an environment where a lot of responsibility rests with you
- You are passionate about joining as a founding engineer and building a company
- Bonus: You have worked at a startup and have managed engineering teams that ship product at startup pace
This is a unique opportunity to join the early engineering team of a funded startup, and to shape the future of both our product and company. We are creating a new breed of data software that will make business teams orders of magnitude more productive when working with data.
• Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Unlimited PTO
• Parental Leave
• 401K Plan
• Remote Work
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Something looks off?