Who we are
Coefficient is a VC-backed SaaS startup based in the SF Bay Area. We are building a remote-first company with a focus on hiring the best talent regardless of location. Our culture is centered around people who are smart, driven, curious and collaborative. We are embarking on a journey to unleash the power and flexibility of spreadsheets across all of the data in company systems. The founders are serial entrepreneurs whose last startup, Shopular, was backed by Y Combinator and Sequoia and acquired by Rakuten Ebates.
What we do
Coefficient provides a no-code solution that enables business teams to access their company data in real-time directly from their spreadsheets and make it actionable across the organization. Whether their data lives in business applications, databases, data warehouses, or business intelligence solutions, business users can easily work with this data without IT involvement.
Using Coefficient, business teams can be more effective with company data that’s connected, automated and performant in the most familiar and flexible analytics product – their spreadsheet. By meeting users where they are, companies can now reduce friction between IT and business teams to drive higher efficiency and growth.
About the job
At Coefficient, we believe that providing the highest quality support is vital to our core product experience. Support Specialists are empathetic, resourceful communicators who not only resolve user issues but also answer questions from our valued users. This individual is always looking for unique and creative ways to help others, tackle problems, and improve future experiences. Due to the fast-paced and evolving business needs, Support Specialists need to be dynamic, self-motivated, and able to multitask between support, documentation, and growing business objectives.
- Resolve a high volume of user requests through various support modalities which may include inbound and outbound email, chat, and messaging.
- Investigate and fulfill all tier 1 support requests while communicating directly with users and internal stakeholders. This includes collaborating across teams to escalate issues as necessary.
- Navigate ambiguity in one-off issues to deliver exceptional outcomes.
- Diagnose problems and propose possible solutions for the short- and long-term.
- Complete thorough documentation and notation on user requests to be able to provide feedback to leadership and program teams regarding processes and trends.
- Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills while being mindful of your tone and your pace in order to respond to and exceed customers' expectations.
- Minimum 4+ years of SaaS customer support experience.
- Must have an intermediate/advanced level knowledge of Google Sheets or Excel.
- Customer empathy - You have a deep understanding of the user experience and the ability to resolve customer support requests in thoughtful and creative ways.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills - You are an effective communicator and listener, and you adapt easily to varied communication methods.
- Collaboration - You value teamwork and contribute to a synergistic work environment where people learn from one another.
- Strategic problem solving - You can leverage multiple resources to inform and support critical decisions.
- Excellent organization - You effectively prioritize work to target the highest-impact issues first.
- Optimism - You are motivated by a challenge, and you approach problems with a positive attitude.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure -- You troubleshoot problems and find speedy resolutions in high-pressure, time-sensitive situations.
- Desire to learn - You're a highly motivated self-starter with an eagerness to learn and grow, and you are receptive to feedback.
- Experience with Zendesk, SQL, Salesforce, HubSpot, are a plus!
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Communications, English, or Journalism.
- Support experiences in a high-volume environment, such as service industries, retail, or hospitality.