Staff Network Engineer
Cohesity is on a mission to radically simplify how organizations secure and manage their data, while unlocking limitless value. As a leader in data security and management, we make it easy to secure, protect, manage and derive value from data—across the data center, edge, and cloud. At Cohesity, we're a group of builders and go-getters who are committed to doing the right thing. We encourage you to come as you are, as our differences make us stronger.
Join us and we'll lead the way together.
Cohesity radically simplifies data management. We make it easy to back up, manage, and derive value from data -- across the data center, edge and cloud. Cohesity also helps ensure data is in compliance and protected against ransomware attacks. We offer a full suite of data management services consolidated on one multi cloud data platform, reducing complexity and eliminating mass data fragmentation. Cohesity can be delivered as a service, self-managed, or provided by a Cohesity-powered partner.
We’ve been named a Leader by multiple analyst firms and are prominently featured in the Forbes Cloud 100 and CRN’s Coolest Cloud companies. Our growth is off the charts, and we’re just getting started!
About This Role
Cohesity IT seeks passionate, out-of-the-box thinkers who take pride in building highly secure, robust, and scalable infrastructure. This is a unique opportunity for you to work as a Staff Network Engineer in a multi-cloud, multi-data center hybrid infrastructure. You will be working closely with our information security, production services, and DevOps team to improve the network security posture strategically.
Our ideal candidate is highly autonomous and oriented and possesses strong written, and verbal communication skills, a track record of successfully managing network security functions, and a strong background in networking technologies. The desire and ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment is essential.
- Take a technical leadership role in defining strategies for delivering network security services securely with proper controls
- Leading enterprise-wide projects in relation to design and provisioning of network security components
- Participating in roadmap and execution for enterprise/data center network segmentation to address high-risk environments such as public-facing cloud applications or crown jewels applications
- Deliver on-target KPIs for network security services’ availability, capacity, and performance management
- Translating business requirements for secure applications by designing, implementing, and managing firewall(or other tools) policy based on internal standards as well as industry best practices
- Drive standardization, reduce needless complexity, challenge convention
- Introduce or develop a monitor and response toolset to manage network security vulns and incidents in an automotive fashion, perform corrective actions accordingly
- Participating in security incident response, problem resolution, change management as part of a larger cross-functional team
- Taking escalations for unique and complex technical problems that operations teams are unable to solve using existing work instructions, performing root cause analysis, and knowledge transfer
- Evaluate and procure bleeding-edge technology solutions and present recommendations
- Create and maintain comprehensive documentation (HLDs/LLDs/SOPs/KBs), produce processes procedures and executable security operation code
- Provide requirements to internal development teams and external vendors and foster a culture of security consciousness across the Engineering and IT team
- Work with InfoSec/Product security team to meet critical security compliance requirements for data center, Cloud, and campus networking
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a closely related field, or equivalent experience
- Proven experience (5+ years) in Enterprise Architecture or Engineering roles, including experience in developing and implementing architecture strategies and roadmaps using industry security frameworks
- Strong leadership, organization, and mentorship skills with demonstratable experience, Team leads a small group of engineers, developing the engineering roadmap, defining workstreams, and delegation
- Professional-level certifications with F5 Networks, Cisco, Palo Alto, Infoblox, Guardicore, or other closely related technologies
- SME-level experience supporting the operation of mission-critical networks within finance, healthcare, or other highly regulated areas (HIPPA, PCI, SOX, CIS, NIST, ISO/IEC, etc.)
- SME-level experience participating in solution design and project delivery
- Strong understanding of networking fundamentals, OSI model, application flow analysis, IPv4/6 subnetting, IP routing, and switching protocols
- Extensive experience operating within an ITIL ITSM/ITOM organization with a background using ServiceNow
- Extensive experience with diagramming software such as Microsoft Visio and Lucidchart
- Experience using tools such as SolarWinds, Netbrain, LiveAction, ThousandEyes, AppDynamics, Splunk
- Excellent communication skills, directly interfacing with IT leadership, business stakeholders, and technical teams
- CISSP or equivalent
- Experience with NDR tools eg, corelight,darktrace or extrahop
- Scripting experience in Terraform, Python, PowerShell
- Prior working experience with AWS/Azure/GCP or other cloud-based solutions
Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates:
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (EEOE)
Cohesity is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
Cohesity employees who are within a reasonable commute (e.g. within a forty-five (45) minute average travel time) work out of our core offices 2-3 days a week of their choosing.