Technical Solutions Architect
Cohesity is on a mission to radically simplify how organizations secure and manage their data, while unlocking limitless value. As a leader in data security and management, we make it easy to secure, protect, manage and derive value from data—across the data center, edge, and cloud. At Cohesity, we're a group of builders and go-getters who are committed to doing the right thing. We encourage you to come as you are, as our differences make us stronger.
Join us and we'll lead the way together.
Cohesity is on a mission to radically simplify how organizations manage their data to unlock limitless value. We make it easy to back up, manage and derive value from data while protecting data against ransomware attacks. At Cohesity, we’re encouraged to think big and we take on dynamic goals that require innovative thinkers. Obsession with our customers keeps us humble and drives us to keep learning!
IBM Technical Solutions Architect - APJ
Let's disrupt the modern world of data management together.
Cohesity seeks an truly motivated, experienced senior level Pre-Sales Technical Architect to play a critical role in APJ supporting, advising and developing the Cohesity/IBM Strategic Alliance Partnership, IBM sales and technical organization, IBM Partners, and enterprise customers on how to build and implement our joint strategic solutions on a complex scale in a multi-cloud (private, public and hybrid) environments. This senior technical role is heavily involved in data protection, virtualization, storage, and multi-cloud infrastructures. Your contributions will accelerate our rapidly-growing business in the coming quarters and years.
HOW YOU'LL SPEND YOUR TIME HERE:
- Continual development of IBM pre-sales and technical teams.
- IBM Partners
- IBM Pre-Sales Teams
- IBM WW Technical Teams
- Cohesity Technical & Pre-Sales Teams
- Support and Assist in large opportunities
- Serve as the technical solutions subject matter expert (SME) for Cohesity’s partnership with IBM.
- Are and become an expert in Cohesity solutions, product portfolio and joint solutions.
- Understand IBM product portfolio and roadmap, and how it intersects with our joint solutions.
- Develop positioning and approaches to our joint solutions to be leveraged with the IBM and Cohesity teams.
- Engage with IBM field teams to move opportunities to closure with technical validation and configuration assistance.
- Drive Cohesity solutions with IBM field teams in enterprise opportunities across the Americas region.
- Support and assist IBM WW Technical and Pre-Sales teams by providing configuration and architecture support & oversight including technical sizing for proposed solutions.
- As the regional SME, make recommendations to product and solution owners for building stronger and more effective offerings with IBM.
- Work with IBM to develop joint content including published reference architectures, configuration guides, and best practices documents to be made publicly available.
- Work with product management and engineering teams to understand the broader needs & strategy to further shape the growing regional business and solutions.
- Attend and present at events and conferences in-region and on-occasion elsewhere in the world.
- Develop the IBM WW Technical and Pre-Sales teams with content and training.
- Travel: Up to 50% travel can be expected.
WE'D LOVE TO TALK TO YOU IF YOU HAVE MANY OF THE FOLLOWING:
- 6+ years experience in a pre-sales, solution engineering, solution architecture, or equivalent role, working and supporting Enterprise Class Solutions and Customers.
- 6+ years experience working with cloud and/or virtualization infrastructure technologies directly.
- 5+ years experience in product or infrastructure design work
- Prior or current experience/knowledge of Cohesity products preferred.
- Hands on knowledge of data protection & disaster recovery technologies (competitive product experience beneficial)
- Technical architecture knowledge with virtualization technologies (VMware, Microsoft etc.), and related storage technologies.
- Advanced skills in Enterprise Datacenter Infrastructure designs and technologies (storage, virtualization, networking).
- Experience or knowledge of IBM and solutions/products (Data Protection), including IBM’s organization (Sales and Channel).
- Previous technical pre-sales, OEM or other experience interacting with a global partner or large strategic customers.
- Previous experience conducting detailed partner & solution development / technical enablement as a subject matter expert.
- Excellent demonstrated communication, written, verbal skills including presentation skills in front of diverse audiences.
- BS/AAS degree in Computer Science or equivalent field experience
- Relevant industry certifications such as AWS Certified Solutions Architect, VMware VCP, Microsoft MCITP or equivalent experience.
Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates:
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (EEOE)
Cohesity is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
Cohesity may require employees who enter its offices to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus and to provide documented proof thereof. Cohesity will comply with applicable law regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals who are not vaccinated because of a sincerely held religious belief, disability or medical condition. This vaccination requirement does not apply to employees who work remotely and do not enter Cohesity offices.