Sr. Software Engineer: Supportability
Cohesity is on a mission to radically simplify how organizations secure and manage their data, while unlocking limitless value. As a leader in data security and management, we make it easy to secure, protect, manage and derive value from data—across the data center, edge, and cloud. At Cohesity, we're a group of builders and go-getters who are committed to doing the right thing. We encourage you to come as you are, as our differences make us stronger.
Join us and we'll lead the way together.
Senior Software Engineer- Supportability (MTS4/5)
Senior Member of Technical Staff - MTS-4/5
We are looking for Software Engineers who are motivated and passionate and willing to enhance Cohesity’s Products and by working on features, tools, scripts that will make it easy to sell, deploy and maintain. This senior technical role is focused on building tools, systems, and processes that help deflect support cases, streamline the path to resolution and reduce the overall level of effort to support our products. The Supportability Engineer is focused on developing telemetry, defining requirements and driving end-to-end delivery of Supportability initiatives. The team will also collaborate with Engineering to develop and deliver Supportability requirements within the product that help simplify the customer user experience – how they are utilizing the product and when to add capacity, simplify upgrades, troubleshooting and hardware replacement, and focus on self-service.
This role requires both deep technical skills and good Support experience to evangelize the positive impact of supportability and usability on products, gain an understanding of support issues to drive change, and identify debug efficiency opportunities through tools and product built-in diagnostics capabilities. This engineer must understand support workflow and dependencies - capable of independently building dashboards, scripts, telemetry, and accelerated troubleshooting using a variety of industry standard tools including Python/Go, Snowflake, Tableau, SFDC, JIRA and Confluence.
Responsibilities (What you will be doing)
The responsibilities and functions this role will perform on a regular basis, how the job functions within the organization and dependencies with other teams
- Provide architectural guidance to optimize the supportability across Cohesity cloud services
- Be hands-on in the development of our supportability tooling and automation. You’ve driven the deployment of these tools at scale and have the experience in working with a rapidly growing infrastructure
- Assess impacts of product/functionality changes, to existing customers and Support, and work with Multi-functional teams to address in advance of new release(s)
- Develop and improve tooling to assist in root cause and mitigation for supportability of our cloud offering
- A data-driven approach to communicate the customer story and issues with engineering.
- Ability to create solutions to help monitor systems, networks, and applications to provide feedback in improving the stability, security, efficiency, and scalability of systems
- Drive more advanced automated solutions, workflows, readiness, and/or process improvements (e.g., bots, Machine Learning, diagnostic tools) for SRE support teams and/or customers
- Identify new and innovative ways to analyze data and trends to improve supportability critical metrics
- Participate in incident reviews to create improved supportability documentation, diagnostics, tooling, error messages and automation
- Partner with Engineering and Support teams to improve process, automate and enhance incident response focused on maintaining and improving SLA’s
- You’re an authority in deploying in the cloud and can bring a teaching mentality to help others benefit from your experience
What You Will Bring Along:
- B.S./M.S. degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field like Information Technology etc
- Demonstrated ability working in a Technical Support, Developer, or Supportability / Serviceability Engineering related role
- 6 to 8 years of developing and solving problems for large-scale distributed systems written in Go/Python on Linux and Windows Platforms.
- Strong experience working with CI/CD and Agile software development methodologies
- Knowledge of cloud technologies, microservices and SaaS architecture
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of agile/scrum methodologies
- Exposure to Data Management domain is highly desirable
- Ability to articulate design and implementation choices
- Ability to make decisions based on data and influence partner
Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates:
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (EEOE)
Cohesity is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
Cohesity may require employees who enter its offices to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus and to provide documented proof thereof. Cohesity will comply with applicable law regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals who are not vaccinated because of a sincerely held religious belief, disability or medical condition. This vaccination requirement does not apply to employees who work remotely and do not enter Cohesity offices.