Sr Manager, Competitive Intelligence
Cohesity is on a mission to radically simplify how organizations secure and manage their data, while unlocking limitless value. As a leader in data security and management, we make it easy to secure, protect, manage and derive value from data—across the data center, edge, and cloud. At Cohesity, we're a group of builders and go-getters who are committed to doing the right thing. We encourage you to come as you are, as our differences make us stronger.
Join us and we'll lead the way together.
As a Competitive Intelligence Manager, you will be responsible for tracking, monitoring and analyzing markets, technology trends and competitors, in order to discover opportunities, threats and implications for Cohesity and our product portfolio. You will play a crucial role in providing strategic insights and analysis on the competitive landscape to guide decision-making within the organization. Equipped with these valuable insights, you will be asked to develop product collateral to enable the Cohesity field teams and external partners to successfully position our products in competitive environments as well as make recommendations to senior leadership influencing business and product strategy.
This position requires a combination of analytical skills, business acumen, and a deep understanding of the data security and management industry to support the organization in maintaining a competitive edge.
High Level Responsibilities
- Conduct in-depth analysis of Cohesity’s customer use cases; by industry and workload.
- Analyze and articulate the impact of trends, regulatory changes, and technological advancements to Cohesity strategy.
- Create and maintain industry profiles, analysis, reports, and presentations.
- Deliver technical training to accurately represent Cohesity products and services.
- Maintain a systematic approach for collecting and organizing intelligence data from various sources, such as industry reports, user conferences, market research, customer feedback, and online resources.
- Collaborate with internal teams, including product development, marketing, sales, and strategy, to ensure alignment toward overall business goals.
Top Level Requirements
- Ability to deliver within a globally distributed virtual team
- Ability to author compelling technical content
- Ability to think strategically and draw analysis from disparate bits of information.
- Ability to provide fact-based recommendations, supported by evidence.
- Has achieved expert level proficiency of at least one of the following technology areas: data protection, storage, hyperconvergence or cloud computing.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and competing priorities with limited resources.
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback and mindfully collaborate with co-workers at all levels and geo-locations.
- 5+ years of experience independently creating and presenting technical materials to audiences of 30 or more.
- 8+ years of experience in IT, preferably related to data protection, data security and/or storage
- Bachelor’s in Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent experience
This position may require some travel to customer and non-customer sites (conferences/events) across the world.
Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates:
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (EEOE)
Cohesity is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
Cohesity employees who are within a reasonable commute (e.g. within a forty-five (45) minute average travel time) work out of our core offices 2-3 days a week of their choosing.