Sr. Product Solutions Architect
Cohesity is on a mission to radically simplify how organizations secure and manage their data, while unlocking limitless value. As a leader in data security and management, we make it easy to secure, protect, manage and derive value from data—across the data center, edge, and cloud. At Cohesity, we're a group of builders and go-getters who are committed to doing the right thing. We encourage you to come as you are, as our differences make us stronger.
Join us and we'll lead the way together.
Product Solutions Architect
SmartFiles Product Solution Lead
As part of the product solutions team, the Product Solutions Architect will be the product specialist at the architect level that will interface with marquee customers focusing specifically on SmartFiles and related SaaS offerings, supporting the sales team to win complex deals/POCs and taking learnings from the field back into product and engineering teams. In this position, you will work in a hybrid role spanning sales, product management, engineering, and support with a focus on SmartFiles and SaaS Services.
- Architect, Design, implement and articulate Cohesity’s file and object storage solutions and related SaaS offerings to customers and internal stakeholders.
- SaaS offerings include but are not limited to disaster recovery orchestration, airgap vaulting, Ransomware detection, data classification, and threat detection.
- Provide expert sales & technical assistance by clearly articulating Cohesity technology to both business and technical users in the field
- An evangelist for Cohesity offerings and be able to communicate Cohesity's roadmap and future direction in a way that aligns with a customer’s business needs.
- Enable customers to integrate Cohesity products into their existing production environments
- Communicate Cohesity’s vision by developing and delivering product demonstrations, workshops, and proposals
- Review and publish white papers, best practices guides, and other internal and external documentation
- Help design proof of concepts tests to prove out both the technology and the value Cohesity technology delivers
- Identify technical issues and drive to closure to ensure customer satisfaction
- Work with the Product Managers and Engineering to define new requirements and deliver solutions based on customer requirements.
- Provide “ninja” technical expertise to the field teams
- Provide Competitive intelligence to Sales, Marketing, Engineering & Product Management teams
- Expertise in File and Object services (NFS, SMB, and S3 Protocol)
- Expertise in SaaS-based data management solutions such as disaster recovery orchestration, airgap vaulting, Ransomware detection, data classification, and threat detection
- Review and qualify workloads in File and Object services deals and opportunities based on the product capabilities and performance
- Derive methodologies to review and follow up with sales for each & every file and object services opportunity. For Example: auto-qualification of deals based workloads, and automated follow-ups for non auto-qualifed deals
- Share Product expertise, experience, and learnings with engineering, sales, pre-sales, support, professional services, and other technical teams
- Collaborate with the field resources in analyzing, troubleshooting, and resolving customer issues customer on file, object, and other data management SaaS services
- Work with Product Managers in designing and reviewing PRDs
- Good understanding of data management in the cloud/cloud-native backups
- 10+ years of demonstrated success in a customer-facing pre-sales / post-sales role proposing enterprise solutions at all levels of a customer organization.
- Experience in working with customers and technology partners
- Experience designing and implementing Enterprise Hardware or Software, Cloud Platforms, IaaS, PaaS, or Virtual Infrastructure software
- Extensive hands-on knowledge in at least one of the following areas
- Backup Storage solutions
- Distributed systems
- File and Object Data Storage
- Hyperconverged solutions
- SaaS-based data management solutions
- Create wrapper scripts to expand product functionalities to the areas where features are not yet not built-in in the product
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills. Comfortable presenter of technical and business content to both small and large groups.
- Self-motivated and a self-starter, comfortable working remotely and autonomously
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, related field, or equivalent experience
- Ability to travel, Approximately 25% - 50% of travel required
35 % Collaboration with Cohesity’s Sales, SEs, FTDs, accounts, and other Field teams
- Design Proof of concept tests to prove both the technology and the value Cohesity technology delivers
- Identify technical issues and drive to closure to ensure customer satisfaction in production POC and demo labs.
- Improve efficiency by identifying and developing automation across common recurring and error-prone tasks
- Build a checklist and validations for the successful and smooth deployment of the Cohesity system.
- Drive and maintain technical relationships with channels, customers, business, and alliance partners
25% Collaboration with Cohesity’s Engineering and Product Management Team
- Based on the customer learnings, escalations, and feedback, communicate information back to engineering and Product management to improve Cohesity product features, capabilities, and performance.
- Work with the Engineering team for any issues found in the field during the deployment of the reference architecture.
- Work with the PMs and Engineering to define new requirements and deliver solutions based on customer requirements.
15% Design, Testing, and Implementation of Cohesity Products Solutions
- Manage the complete life cycle of production, publication, and roll-out of the features and functionality
- Testing, and Implementation of new and existing Cohesity products features, solutions, and services
- Hustle and work with the product manager, developers, test engineer and architects to understand product features and use cases to effectively train and enable the Cohesity field and partner teams
- Enable team members and the field by sharing knowledge, experience, and expertise
- Evangelize Cohesity offerings and be able to communicate Cohesity's roadmap and future direction in a way that aligns with a customer’s business needs.
- Act as a liaison between customers, Cohesity product, and sales teams to build out an installation/integration practice to be used as a reference architecture.
- Provide Competitive intelligence to Sales, Marketing, Engineering & PM teams
15% Documentation and Development Skills
- To ensure the success of the customer support and customer success team, plan and develop technical collateral for the customer support team to highlight the best practices resulting from the solution, benchmarks, and performance testing, like reference architectures, white papers
- Review and publish both internal and external collaterals and other technical documentation
- Create wrapper scripts to expand product functionalities
- Automate Cohesity products and solutions workflows using scripting languages like shell, python, PowerShell, etc.
Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates:
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (EEOE)
Cohesity is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
Cohesity employees who are within a reasonable commute (e.g. within a forty-five (45) minute average travel time) work out of our core offices 2-3 days a week of their choosing.