Cohesity is on a mission to radically simplify how organizations secure and manage their data, while unlocking limitless value. As a leader in data security and management, we make it easy to secure, protect, manage and derive value from data—across the data center, edge, and cloud. At Cohesity, we're a group of builders and go-getters who are committed to doing the right thing. We encourage you to come as you are, as our differences make us stronger.
Join us and we'll lead the way together.
We are looking for an experienced Technical Writer with strong information development, content design, and editorial skills. You will join our Product Documentation team to set up, configure, validate, and document best-in-class AI-powered data security and management solutions that are powering the market adoption and growth of our revolutionary Software-defined and SaaS offerings. Your skills will be essential to accelerate and expand our rapidly-growing business.
Who you are:
- Exceptional writer. You’ve done it all—business to business and consumer, —and have the portfolio to prove it. Your sentences are squeaky clean, compelling, and conversational.
- Top-notch editor. You’re nitpicky about style rules, offended by typos, and instantly know how to make a bad draft better.
- Customer Empathy. Research and develop customer-focused content. You’re laser-focused on your audience and their needs and interests.
- Information Architect. Research, analyze, and map user goals with product capabilities to create, organize, and present information. Creative. You can make even the most boring technical concepts compelling and understandable.
- Fact-based, data-driven. You persuade with facts, not fluff. And always challenge your assumptions and word choices using surveys, A/B tests, and other tools. You review usage data to articulate content strategies and grow your knowledge of customer needs and thereby improve Cohesity’s products and solutions.
- Visual Thinker. Pictorially present and explain complex and long technical content in simple, easily understandable methods by using schematics and block diagrams to animations and gifs as needed.
- Always a Student. Passionate about learning new technologies. Know where to look for reputable and authentic content that can be adapted for instructional purposes.
- Autonomy. Requires little supervision or guidance with routine assignments and established processes. Quickly develops independence with new tasks and requirements. Ability to exercise good judgment to determine appropriate job action.
- Versatility. Quickly adapts to changing requirements while communicating impacts and negotiating the next steps. Helps to implement change in support of the team and organizational goals.
What you will do:
- Create and constantly evolve world-class software, hardware, and developer tools product documentation.
- Lead transformational documentation projects while providing guidance and support for junior writers.
- Provide customers with an exceptional Out of the Box Experience (OOBE) in terms of UX content design, product tours, in-app help, and product documentation. Words matter, and you’ll use the right phrasing and guidance to inform our customers.
- Be the “first customer” for Cohesity products and features to ensure that the technical content you produce provides the very best user experience by being hands-on when documenting.
- Develop intent-based and topic-based technical content.
- Write user-friendly technical content that effectively and holistically communicates complex information clearly and concisely, and without jargon.
- Work with product managers, developers, test engineers, and architects to understand product features and use cases to effectively communicate them in the documentation.
- Collaborate to juggle many hats at the same time while maintaining composure.
- Plan, author, and test technical content for end users and coordinate closely with the other writing team members to ensure consistency in detail, style, and presentation.
- Use conditions and snippets to support content reusability and scalability.
- Prioritize multiple requirements and tasks in a constantly changing and fast-paced environment.
- Manage the complete life cycle of production, publication, and technical information.
- Acknowledge and address documentation feedback from internal and external customers to deliver complete, accurate, and usable content.
Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates:
Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates:
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (EEOE)
Cohesity is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
Cohesity employees who are within a reasonable commute (e.g. within a forty-five (45) minute average travel time) work out of our core offices 2-3 days a week of their choosing.