Senior Manager, Engineering - Distributed Systems, Storage, Backup
Cohesity is on a mission to radically simplify how organizations secure and manage their data, while unlocking limitless value. As a leader in data security and management, we make it easy to secure, protect, manage and derive value from data—across the data center, edge, and cloud. At Cohesity, we're a group of builders and go-getters who are committed to doing the right thing. We encourage you to come as you are, as our differences make us stronger.
Join us and we'll lead the way together.
We are looking for a hands on leader for the data-pipeline team at Cohesity. The team extracts, transforms and loads (ETL) massive amounts of data in the Cohesity data cloud.As an engineering leader, you will inspire, lead and manage a team of world-class software engineers transforming how enterprise customers manage their data. This role requires an energetic, creative, and driven individual with excellent communication, organization, and technical skills to partner with various organizations. In this role, you will be responsible for driving some of our most strategic technical projects, delivering large-scale systems, designing new software systems at the cutting edge of distributed systems technologies, and having a significant impact on the success of Cohesity.
- Inspire, motivate, lead and manage a team of world-class developers that design and develop innovative products for our on-prem as well as SaaS offerings.
- Own the product end to end, from working on product requirements with internal stakeholders to build, test and deploy.
- Drive thought leadership and innovation and accelerate high-quality software development.
- Mentor, lead and grow leaders in the team.
- Set clear goals and lead collaborative achievements.
- Work closely with various stakeholders within Cohesity like product management, program management, sales, QA, and support teams to deliver high-quality products and drive the product vision and roadmap.
- Understand market dynamics to drive product direction and execution for the team.
- BS/MS/Ph. D. in Computer Science or a relevant technical field
- 10+ years of hands-on software engineering experience in planning, architecting, and delivering high-quality products.
- 3+ years of managing or leading development teams.
- Knowledge of agile/scrum methodologies.
- Previous experience building highly scalable distributed systems, systems background and must have built B2B enterprise products.
- Hands-on in Coding & Design skills
- Must have: Domain expertise in some relevant areas such as Distributed systems, Data Security, Data pipelines, ETL, high scale cloud applications.
- Storage Experience is nice to have
Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates:
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (EEOE)
Cohesity is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
Cohesity employees who are within a reasonable commute (e.g. within a forty-five (45) minute average travel time) work out of our core offices 2-3 days a week of their choosing.