Senior Manager, Sales Finance
Cohesity is on a mission to radically simplify how organizations secure and manage their data, while unlocking limitless value. As a leader in data security and management, we make it easy to secure, protect, manage and derive value from data—across the data center, edge, and cloud. At Cohesity, we're a group of builders and go-getters who are committed to doing the right thing. We encourage you to come as you are, as our differences make us stronger.
Join us and we'll lead the way together.
The Cohesity Sales Finance team serves as trusted financial advisors to the Worldwide Field Organization (WWFO). As a member of the team, this role will partner with the key stakeholders within WWFO and cross-functional partners, to help drive operational efficiency and accurate financial planning, forecasting, and reporting; all while influencing key business initiative decisions by providing financial leadership, analysis, and insight. The Sr. Manager of Sales Finance will provide support for scaling our sales finance and operations infrastructure globally. The candidate for this role will demonstrate a strategic approach, collaboration skills, financial proficiency, excellent business intuition, and the capability to work at multiple levels, including high-level strategy and day-to-day financial details.
This position will report to the Sr. Director - Head of Sales Finance.
How You'll Spend Your Time Here
- Build strong business partner relationships with senior leaders across the Worldwide Field Organization specifically in EMEA and APJ; establishing trust and gaining an understanding of relevant business drivers.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional partners in Revenue Operations, Talent Acquisition, and HR to form rounded perspectives of the strategic direction of the organization.
- Partner with the broader FP&A team to understand dependencies for growth & efficiency, top-line metrics, accounting requirements, contra-revenue, and commissions.
- Gain deep knowledge and understanding of Cohesity’s business performance across geographies and user segments.
- Lead the planning process; driving the monthly & quarterly close, forecasting, and reporting processes inclusive of headcount and discretionary spend related to the EMEA and APJ Worldwide Field Organization.
- Define metrics and leading indicators of business performance and partner with the Analytics team to develop tools and dashboards to make these metrics widely accessible across Cohesity.
- Develop robust financial models to streamline decision-making and highlight key drivers of past, current, and future business performance.
- Be results and service-oriented; comfortable dealing with ambiguity.
- Undertake ad hoc strategic projects.
- BA/BS degree in Business, Finance, or related field.
- 5-7+ years of experience in progressive finance positions acting as a business partner to senior stakeholders.
- Excellent understanding of Subscription-as-a-Service (SaaS) business model.
- Energetic, with a positive attitude and growth mindset.
- Superb business partnering and collaboration skills.
- Demonstrated ability and experience to work in a global environment; partnering across time zones.
- Senior FP&A experience in a corporate environment or in a publicly-traded company.
- Advanced proficiency in financial modeling with experience building complex and detailed financial models from scratch.
- Strong financial competence with proficiency in accounting principles and financial analysis.
- Proactive, results-oriented, and organized with strict attention to detail in meeting critical deadlines.
- High degree of analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work independently and balance multiple responsibilities simultaneously.
- Ability to interact professionally with all levels of the organization.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong teammate with a desire for continuous learning and improvement.
- Experience with Adaptive and NetSuite or other large well-known ERP / accounting systems.
Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates:
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (EEOE)
Cohesity is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
Cohesity employees who are within a reasonable commute (e.g. within a forty-five (45) minute average travel time) work out of our core offices 2-3 days a week of their choosing.