Senior DevOps Engineer
Cohesity is on a mission to radically simplify how organizations secure and manage their data, while unlocking limitless value. As a leader in data security and management, we make it easy to secure, protect, manage and derive value from data—across the data center, edge, and cloud. At Cohesity, we're a group of builders and go-getters who are committed to doing the right thing. We encourage you to come as you are, as our differences make us stronger.
Join us and we'll lead the way together.
Cohesity is on a mission to radically simplify how organizations secure and manage their data, while unlocking limitless value. As a leader in data security and management, we make it easy to secure, protect, manage and derive value from data-across the data center, edge, and cloud. At Cohesity, we're a group of builders and go-getters who are committed to doing the right thing. We encourage you to come as you are, as our differences make us stronger.
Join us and we'll lead the way together.
In your role as a DevOps Engineer, you'll play a pivotal role in fostering a DevOps mindset across the broader Technology team. You'll serve as a mentor to fellow engineers, offering guidance to Development teams as they embrace best practices and stay current with evolving industry standards. You'll lead by setting a strong example, ensuring alignment within the Technology team, and demonstrating technical proficiency in the field of DevOps.
- Build and prototype infrastructure patterns, tools/platforms and processes into working proofs of concept, then finalized solutions.
- Develop and implement processes, tools, and automation to improve engineering workflows
- Identify and solve open ended problems that impact engineering productivity using latest technologies
- Work with engineers across cross functional teams to implement new technologies that can improve productivity
- Collect and analyze data to measure the effectiveness of productivity improvement initiatives through scorecards/kpi
- Stay up-to-date on the latest trends in productivity engineering
- Document and Share knowledge and best practices to the broader technology teams
- Leverage tools like Jenkins to automate workflows
- Enjoys optimizing systems by investigating, removing inefficiencies, and improving process and developer workflows
- Excellent critical judgment; able to make good decisions, be trusted, respected and dependable, be proactive and responsive, ask the right questions, raise flags at the right time, able to prioritize and plan workloads for the team.
- Ability to influence and mentor Development teams and foster a DevOps culture from the ground up.
- Teach and mentor DevOps to other engineers within the Technology team.
- Strong Coding, Design, troubleshooting and problem-solving ability in Python
- Work proficiently with Containers and Kubernetes (Both on-prem and cloud-managed) to efficiently manage containerized applications in high volume, distributed systems
- Knowledge of infrastructure automation tools such as Ansible, Terraform etc.
- Proven ability to automate provisioning and maintenance of infrastructure in an on-prem and cloud environment.
- Experience with monitoring, logging and alerting solutions - the more the better.
- Experience with software development tools and methodologies
- Excellent in Linux and Bash scripting
- A creative, independent, self-motivated person willing to learn new technologies
- Ability to take up various roles in a startup environment with excellent communication skills and a strong team working ethic.
- Solid understanding of data integrity, security and continuity of business.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or a related field
- 10+ years of total experience in productivity engineering or a related field
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates:
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (EEOE)
Cohesity is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
Cohesity employees who are within a reasonable commute (e.g. within a forty-five (45) minute average travel time) work out of our core offices 2-3 days a week of their choosing.