Director, Systems Engineering
Cohesity is on a mission to radically simplify how organizations secure and manage their data, while unlocking limitless value. As a leader in data security and management, we make it easy to secure, protect, manage and derive value from data—across the data center, edge, and cloud. At Cohesity, we're a group of builders and go-getters who are committed to doing the right thing. We encourage you to come as you are, as our differences make us stronger.
Join us and we'll lead the way together.
Cohesity is on a mission to radically simplify how organizations manage their data to unlock limitless value !We make it easy to back up, manage and derive value from data while protecting data against ransomware attacks. At Cohesity, we’re encouraged to think big and we take on dynamic goals that require innovative thinkers. Obsession with our customers keeps us humble and drives us to keep learning!
We’ve been named a Leader by multiple analyst firms, and are prominently featured in the Forbes Cloud 100 and CRN’s Coolest Cloud companies.
Systems Engineering Lead
As a Systems Engineering Lead, you will work with your team on architecting Data Protection, Analytics, Storage, Virtualization, Database, and Cloud solutions for our largest customers to support Cohesity's growth. This critical role will closely interact with Cohesity Sales, Customers, Engineering, Support, Product Marketing, and Partners.
- Manage Sales Engineers in your region assisting with complex customer opportunities
- Lead team in technical development and customer knowledge
- Mentor systems engineers on team, especially less experienced SE's
- Provide expert sales & technical assistance by clearly articulating Cohesity technology to both your SE team and business and technical users
- Enable customers to integrate Cohesity products into their existing production environments
- Assist in responding to customer and partner requests for information and proposals
- Manage the data management and cloud strategy for our largest customers and partners
- Communicate Cohesity’s vision by developing and delivering product demonstrations, workshops, white papers, and proposals
- Execute proof of concepts designed to prove out both the technology and the value Cohesity technology delivers
- Identify technical issues and drive to closure to ensure customer satisfaction
- Collaborate regularly with product management as a field representative regarding product development and enhancements, effectively conveying customer requirements
- At times, provide project management and post-sales technical support if needed
- 7+ years of demonstrated success in a customer facing pre-sales role proposing enterprise solutions at all levels of a customer organization.
- 5+ years of successful experience managing Sales Engineers teams
- Experience in working with customers and technology partners
- Experience selling and implementing Enterprise Hardware or Software, Cloud Platforms, IaaS, PaaS, or Virtual Infrastructure software
- Comfort in working with multiple decision-makers to drive proposals
- Very comfortable presenter of technical and business material to both small and large groups
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and a self-starter, comfortable working remotely and autonomously
- Ability to travel with the needs of the role
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, related field, or equivalent experience
Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates:
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (EEOE)
Cohesity is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
Cohesity employees who are within a reasonable commute (e.g. within a forty-five (45) minute average travel time) work out of our core offices 2-3 days a week of their choosing.