Cohesity is on a mission to radically simplify how organizations secure and manage their data, while unlocking limitless value. As a leader in data security and management, we make it easy to secure, protect, manage and derive value from data—across the data center, edge, and cloud. At Cohesity, we're a group of builders and go-getters who are committed to doing the right thing. We encourage you to come as you are, as our differences make us stronger.
Join us and we'll lead the way together.
Cohesity is on a mission to radically simplify how organizations manage their data to unlock limitless value. We make it easy to back up, manage and derive value from data while protecting data against ransomware attacks. At Cohesity, we're encouraged to think big and we take on dynamic goals that require innovative thinkers. Obsession with our customers keeps us humble and drives us to keep learning.
We've been named a Leader by multiple analyst firms, and are prominently featured in the Forbes Cloud 100 and CRN's Coolest Cloud companies.
Deployment Architect (Professional Services Consultant)
Cohesity is seeking an architect who can develop a blueprint for successful customer deployment. Additionally, you’ll create repeatable blueprints that become the templates for all customer deployments. These will be used to develop our services practices, to enable our delivery teams, our partner teams and our customers to deploy our secondary storage solutions applications. The ideal candidate is someone who has experience architecting, documenting, deploying and enabling others.
These practices will utilize the architecture sold by our account teams to achieve customer committed solutions. In addition to building these solutions, this role will also spend considerable time validating these procedures in the field and teaching partners and customers how to apply these in their environment.
You will be working with engineering, systems engineers, tech marketing specialists, and customer support to build out professional services practices with blueprints that include installation, integration, applications, migration, scripting (automation) to be used by delivery teams, partners and customers.
- Deliver architecture and professional services to Cohesity customers
- Provide consultation for strategic implementations
- Consult with customers to gather insights and ensure alignment with their needs
- Engage with teams to ensure blueprint is successfully deployed
- Define technical architecture including sizing and performance that meet customer requirements
- Build strategic relationships with key customers and Cohesity teams
- Collaborate with teams to ensure the successful delivery of the deployment plans
- Stay abreast of emerging technologies in data management and backup/recovery
- Continually improve deliverables as we scale and release new features/products
- Inspect deliverables for successes and improvements
- Work with others to develop post deployment documentation (run books, pre-deployment templates, etc.)
- Provide feedback to consultants, Systems Engineers, and engineering on ways to improve overall experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in IT
Experience in these technical areas desired:
- Data Protection and Recovery for the following:
- Linux, Backup and Virtualization (VMware, Hyper-V etc.)
- Oracle, SQL, MongoDB, DB2, PostgreSQL
- Scripting and Automation (e.g. Visio or equivalent application)
- Public Cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Disaster Recovery
- Database Protection and Recovery
Additional experience desired:
- Layer 2 Networking and Firewalls
- Data Protection for the following applications:
- NoSQL and Hadoop
- Red Hat OpenShift
- NFS, CIFS/SMB
- File Systems
- NTFS, ext4, GPFS
Communication and project-related skills required:
- Good verbal communication with presentation skills
- Good written skills and the ability to create documentation
- An ability to teach others and make them successful
- Self-starter with excellent organization and time management skills
- The ability to drive projects and meet deadlines.
Expected Travel: Up to 40%
Disclosure Pursuant to Applicable State Equal Pay Transparency Laws
This position has a minimum base salary starting at $96,000/year. Bonus, commission (if in a sales function), and/or equity may be eligible for this position. Additionally, full-time employees are eligible for benefits including health and wellness benefits, vacation, paid holidays, 401(k) retirement plan, life and disability insurance coverages, and other benefits the Company may offer from time to time.
Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates:
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (EEOE)
Cohesity is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
Cohesity employees who are within a reasonable commute (e.g. within a forty-five (45) minute average travel time) work out of our core offices 2-3 days a week of their choosing.