Fraud Risk Strategy Manager
Fraud Risk Strategy Manager
Current is a leading U.S. fintech serving people who have been overlooked by traditional banks and one of the fastest growing companies with nearly 3 million members. Headquartered in NYC, our results-driven environment enables us to build better products, grow faster and empower everyone on our team to have an impact on our business and our mission to improve financial outcomes for our members.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
We are looking for a Fraud Risk Strategy Manager to join our rapidly growing team and lead Current’s fraud risk strategy within a highly quantitative framework. This person will play a key role in managing money-out fraud risks. This will be an individual contributor role with a potential to grow within the risk department.
- Automate the detection of fraudulent money-out transactions, such as but not limited to peer-to-peer (P2P) fund transfer rings using network analytics;
- Partner with engineering and operations to develop basic point-of-sale rule strategies to decline compromised cards, Identify multiple patterns of misuse of Current’s various products and develop strategies automatically detect the same
- Build monitoring and alerts for early detection and warning of anomalous behavior consistent with “clustered” fraud attacks.
- Partner with Engineering, Product, and Operations teams to conceive, design, and monitor fraud strategies to mitigate transaction risk in the most precise manner possible.
- Partner with the Data Science team to develop the fraud risk models used at transaction POS and on-going fraud risk management. Design and implement test-and-learn experiments to enable better assessment of impact on customer experience and fraud
- Identify and explore new approaches, data sources/vendors and potential partnerships to support improvements to existing and new programs; implement these tools as needed
THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT:
- 5+ years of applicable experience in a Fraud Risk strategy/analytics role in the financial industry.
- Proficient in SQL, Python and other analytical tools
- Experience in application and transaction fraud management in fintech, consumer lending or banking.
- Prior experience managing data driven fraud risk strategies is a must.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in a quantitative field such as Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Computer Science or equivalent.
- Highly Analytical
This role has a base salary range of $115,000 - $155,000k. Compensation is determined based on experience, skill level, and qualifications, which are assessed during the interview process. Current offers a competitive total rewards package which includes base salary, equity, and comprehensive benefits.
Something looks off?