Senior Product Manager, Growth
LEAD PRODUCT MANAGER, GROWTH
Current is a leading U.S. fintech serving people who have been overlooked by traditional banks with nearly 4 million members. Headquartered in NYC, our results-driven environment enables us to build better products, grow faster and empower everyone on our team to have an impact on our business and our mission to improve financial outcomes for our members.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a senior member of the Product Management team, you will work with a cross-functional team of leaders to scale Current’s customer base. The Growth team owns driving customers through key stages of the user lifecycle, with a specific focus on getting folks to fund their account, swipe their cards, and move their payroll deposits to Current. They use the scientific method to create a predictable, scalable, and competitively defensible strategy for how the company will grow.
To do this, you’ll need to instrument the customer journey, identify points of friction or confusion, and hypothesize, test, and refine solutions to speed customers toward their goals. This role is a special opportunity for a proven growth leader who enjoys working at the intersection of Product and Marketing, is comfortable with data and experimentation, and is excited by the opportunity to own Current’s ambitious company-level growth goals.
- Collaborate with technical and business leaders to set the product strategy for Growth at Current.
- Meticulously instrument each step of key activation funnels (account funding; card swiping; payroll switching) and become the expert / internal evangelist for associated user needs.
- Create net-new customer experiences that create growth loops. Must be able to balance these ideas for step-change improvements with continuous improvements.
- Develop and communicate a holistic growth product strategy, informed by company level objectives and strategy.
- Plan and run A/B tests & experiments on key steps of the funnel in partnership with our Data Science team.
- Collaborate with leaders of other functions to help identify and resolve any issues that are getting in the way of Current meeting its growth goals.
- Own a long term vision and roadmap that highlights key themes & opportunities.
- Conduct customer research to deeply understand our members’ financial problems and anxieties to inform future product development.
- Drive team execution by defining roadmap epics, specing feature stories, and overseeing the implementation and development.
- You are stepping into a leadership role. We’re looking for someone who has scaled consumer products to millions of customers and is highly self directed.
- Strong consumer product and user experience instincts - you have a knack for understand what people want and makes an experience meet and exceed their expectations.
- Radical thinking paired with strong execution - can envision a world different than the status quo with the ability to articulate a clear path to get there.
- While you can dream big, you also know when and how to ruthlessly prioritize and ship quickly in order to learn and iterate.
- Creative problem solver - able to identify real obstacles and viable solutions.
- Not hesitant to get hands dirty and do whatever is necessary to ensure success.
- Outcome oriented - not reactionary. You can articulate the desired outcome and work collaboratively to create a path to achieve it.
- Highly technical, garnering respect from engineers.
- 6+ years of product management experience. Past consumer growth product experience required.
- Able to work effectively and direct ICs across functions to deliver work, as well as work as peers with senior functional leaders across the business.
- Ability to execute in a fast-paced and fluid startup environment.
This role has a base salary range of $185,000 - $235,000. Compensation is determined based on experience, skill level, and qualifications, which are assessed during the interview process. Current offers a competitive total rewards package which includes base salary, equity, and comprehensive benefits.
- Competitive salary
- Meaningful equity in the form of stock options
- 401(k) plan
- Discretionary performance bonus program
- Biannual performance reviews
- Medical, Dental and Vision premiums covered at 100% for you and your dependents
- Flexible time off and paid holidays
- Generous parental leave policy
- Commuter benefits
- Fitness benefits
- Healthcare and Dependent care FSA benefit
- Employee Assistance Programs focused on mental health
- Healthcare advocacy program for all employees
- Access to mental health apps
- Team building activities
- Our modern Chelsea-based office with open floor plan, stocked kitchen, and catered lunches