Senior Data Analyst, Marketing
SENIOR DATA ANALYST, MARKETING
Current is a leading U.S. fintech serving people who have been overlooked by traditional banks and one of the fastest growing companies with nearly 4 million members. Headquartered in NYC, our results-driven environment enables us to build better products, grow faster and empower everyone on our team to have an impact on our business and our mission to improve financial outcomes for our members.
ABOUT THE ROLE
At Current, data is at the core of everything we do. As a Senior Data Analyst on the Data Team, you will be responsible for driving our business intelligence to power user growth. You will own the reporting and analytics framework for marketing. Your day to day could include working on descriptive, diagnostic and predictive analytics, modeling data in BI tools, designing templatized reports and dashboards, or creating meaningful metrics and KPIs. You will partnering with analytics and data engineers to create well-structured and validated datasets from disparate unstructured sources.
As part of the Data team, you will partner closely with peers on the marketing team to generate insights to build dashboards and help develop our marketing strategies and achieve our marketing goals. You will also work closely with analytical peers and engineers to drive the business requirements for the marketing team from data modeling, data/analytics infrastructure and tooling perspective.
- Build a holistic view and understanding of the marketing spend, channel performance and attribution.
- Develop mechanisms to build audiences and segments to optimize channel and campaign performance.
- Explore, validate, and build high value datasets to power business intelligence and marketing strategies.
- Iterate on our complex channel attribution logic and methodologies; make sure they are up-to-date and effective as we grow.
- Design robust experiments including incrementality tests and measure the tests with actionable metrics and learnings.
- Drive metrics standardization and build consensus with marketing and other stakeholders.
- Establish Looker as a primary data reporting and analytics tool. Build modular data models in Looker for efficient and sophisticated data analysis.
- Drive data modeling requirements for analytics and data engineers.
- Champion opportunities for advanced analytical techniques to further our understanding of our customer and business and to improve business results (e.g., segmentation predictive modeling).
- Help team(s) quantify their goals and KPIs/OKRs.
- Generate actionable insights and uncover opportunities for our teams to succeed
- Support in the design and analysis of experiments
- Drive data driven culture across the organization and coach/educate teams on analytics best practices. Training business partners on how to leverage BI tools.
- 5+ years of experience working in the data analytics/business intelligence domain.
- 3+ years of experience building data models, reports and dashboards in BI tools (preferably Looker).
- 2+ years of working in acquisition/growth marketing domain(preferably in a B2C company)
- You are a SQL expert, used to working with complex data sets; converting business problems into SQL is something that comes with ease to you.
- Exposure to dimensional modeling concepts to power meaningful analytics.
- Expertise in defining and building meaningful metrics and KPIs.
- Ability to visualize data in different formats.
- Some statistical analytics knowledge and experience(Preferably in Python)
- Excellent communication, requirement gathering and prioritization skills.
- Ability to narrate a story with your data and insights that you generate.
Nice to have:
- Experience modeling data in dbt
- Experience working within Fintech, Financial Services, Banks
- Experience working in Marketing
- Experience working with one or more MPP databases (Prefered: Bigquery, etc)
This role has a base salary range of $165,000 to $195,000. Compensation is determined based on experience, skill level, and qualifications, which are assessed during the interview process. Current offers a competitive total rewards package which includes base salary, equity, and comprehensive benefits.
- Competitive salary
- Meaningful equity in the form of stock options
- 401(k) plan
- Discretionary performance bonus program
- Biannual performance reviews
- Medical, Dental and Vision premiums covered at 100% for you and your dependents
- Flexible time off and paid holidays
- Generous parental leave policy
- Commuter benefits
- Fitness benefits
- Healthcare and Dependent care FSA benefit
- Employee Assistance Programs focused on mental health
- Healthcare advocacy program for all employees
- Access to mental health apps
- Team building activities
- Our modern Chelsea-based office with open floor plan, stocked kitchen, and catered lunches