Data Analytics Lead
Data Analytics Lead, Banking
Current is a leading U.S. fintech serving people who have been overlooked by traditional banks and one of the fastest growing companies with nearly 4 million members. Headquartered in NYC, our results-driven environment enables us to build better products, grow faster and empower everyone on our team to have an impact on our business and our mission to improve financial outcomes for our members.
About the role:
At Current, data is at the core of everything we do. Banking department is the business vertical at Current that owns all the existing business products and respective KPIs. As a Data Analytics lead, you will lead the data/analytics team and analytical initiatives for Banking in addition to planning, analyzing, constructing and executing various data analyses.
A key objective of this role is to provide business and customer behavior insights from historical data, tests in market and 3rd party data to power the changes in products, customer experience and business financials.
Your day to day will include, individually or through team delegation, planning and creating analytical project proposals, preparing/organizing data needed for the analyses, working on descriptive, diagnostic and predictive analytics including building ML models, modeling data in BI tools, designing templatized reports and dashboards, creating meaningful metrics and KPIs. and communicating project milestones and results effectively with stakeholders (both technical and non-technical). The role would work significantly in the individual contributor capacity while leading/managing the team and initiatives.
You will build data strategy for Banking and partner with data analysts and analytics/data engineers to create well-structured and validated datasets from disparate unstructured sources.
As part of the Banking department, you will work closely with our head of Banking, peers across product, engineering, credit and operation functions to plan and execute the analytical agenda. Senior leaders and peers on and outside of the team will look up to you for data and analytics support.
- Manage and mentor data analysts; establish a career path and help them grow.
- Lead data and analytics efforts for all the Banking initiatives.
- Work with Senior leaders on Banking to build and support business and product strategies.
- Analyze user/customer interaction, behavioral and product usage data to perform analyses, discover insights and validate hypotheses.
- Perform discovery and impact analysis, and design in market experiments and tests to successfully track and launch/enhance products.
- Explore, validate, and build high value customer and transactional datasets to power business strategies and business intelligence.
- Drive data modeling requirements for analytics and data engineers.
- Drive metrics standardization and build consensus among different stakeholders.
- Drive data driven culture across the organization; train and educate Banking partners on analytics best practices and self-serve/leverage BI tools.
- 2+ years of leading/managing data analysts.
- 7+ years of experience working in the data analytics domain.
- 4+ years of experience building data models, reports and dashboards in BI tools(preferably Looker)
- You are a SQL expert, used to working with complex data sets; converting business problems into SQL is something that comes with ease to you
- 3+ years of proficiency and demonstrated experience in python for ML modeling and data analysis including logistic regression, Gradient Boosting, CART, LookAlike modeling techniques
- Expertise in defining and building meaningful metrics and KPIs.
- Visualizing data in different formats and data storytelling comes with ease to you .
- Excellent communication, requirement gathering and prioritization skills.
- 3+ years experience in web/online based D2C financial services or relationship based customer service sectors
- Masters or higher degree in data science or similar major
Nice to have
- Experience modeling data in dbt.
- Experience working with one or more MPP databases(Prefered: Bigquery, etc)
This role will have a base salary range of $180,000 to $228,000. Compensation is determined based on experience, skill level, and qualifications, which are assessed during the interview process. Current offers a competitive total rewards package which includes base salary, equity, and comprehensive benefits.
- Competitive salary
- Meaningful equity in the form of stock options
- 401(k) plan
- Discretionary performance bonus program
- Biannual performance reviews
- Medical, Dental and Vision premiums covered at 100% for you and your dependents
- Flexible time off and paid holidays
- Generous parental leave policy
- Commuter benefits
- Fitness benefits
- Healthcare and Dependent care FSA benefit
- Employee Assistance Programs focused on mental health
- Healthcare advocacy program for all employees
- Access to mental health apps
- Team building activities
- Our modern Chelsea-based office with open floor plan, stocked kitchen, and catered lunches