Director, BSA / AML Compliance
DIRECTOR, BSA/AML Compliance
Current is a leading U.S. fintech serving people who have been overlooked by traditional banks and one of the fastest growing companies with nearly 4 million members. Headquartered in NYC, our results-driven environment enables us to build better products, grow faster and empower everyone on our team to have an impact on our business and our mission to improve financial outcomes for our members.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re seeking an expert in financial crime compliance to join our compliance leadership team as Director of BSA/AML Compliance. You will own the day-to-day operation of Current’s BSA/AML/OFAC Program. This role will report to the Head of Compliance.
The right person has an encyclopedic knowledge of applicable BSA/AML/OFAC regs, exceptional skills in managing teams as well as exercising influence laterally and upward, and a record of success in building best-in-class BSA/AML/OFAC programs in the consumer finance space. Equally important, you are passionate about building strong relationships across our product, engineering, marketing, and member experience teams, so you can help our business grow in alignment with the high expectations of regulators and partner banks.
- Serve as Current’s Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) Officer, implementing and overseeing Current’s BSA/AML/OFAC Program
- Manage a team of individual contributors in performing at the highest level
- Build and maintain an effective CDD/EDD risk rating and monitoring program to include initial and ongoing assessments and review and analysis of unusual/suspicious account activity
- Work directly with Current’s bank partners on BSA/AML/OFAC matters
- Conduct product and program risk assessments to identify and mitigate BSA/AML/OFAC risks
- Develop and enhance BSA/AML/OFAC Program metrics and executive reporting
- Maintain and update BSA/AML/OFAC policies and procedures
- Support our ongoing promotion of a strong culture of compliance
- 8+ years of experience in building and overseeing BSA/AML/OFAC governance and policy programs; ideally, experience across fintech and traditional financial institutions
- Expert-level understanding of key regulations (including the USA PATRIOT Act, Bank Secrecy Act, and OFAC requirements) and AML risks/typologies, as well as having the ability to identify emerging compliance trends and risks
- Demonstrated success in achieving exceptional results as a team leader and across reporting lines
- Pragmatic, solutions-oriented, and comfortable providing nuanced approaches with imperfect information and in the face of unclear regulatory expectations
- A substantial understanding of consumer financial services with a preference for experience with a consumer financial technology company.
- Strong communicator who is adept at building relationships with external partners as well as internal partners across operations, product, customer success, and risk
- Passionate about consumer financial inclusion and fintech
- Thrives in fast-paced, fluid environments that adapt continuously
- Compliance certifications (e.g., CAMS) strongly preferred
This role has a base salary range of $180,000 - $250,000. Compensation is determined based on experience, skill level, and qualifications, which are assessed during the interview process. Current offers a competitive total rewards package which includes base salary, equity, and comprehensive benefits.
- Competitive salary
- Meaningful equity in the form of stock options
- 401(k) plan
- Discretionary performance bonus program
- Biannual performance reviews
- Medical, Dental and Vision premiums covered at 100% for you and your dependents
- Flexible time off and paid holidays
- Generous parental leave policy
- Commuter benefits
- Fitness benefits
- Healthcare and Dependent care FSA benefit
- Employee Assistance Programs focused on mental health
- Healthcare advocacy program for all employees
- Access to mental health apps
- Team building activities
- Our modern Chelsea-based office with open floor plan, stocked kitchen, and catered lunches