DataDistillr is a leading technology platform that allows users to join and query datasets from any Database, API, or file, no matter where or how it's hosted. DataDistillr connects, cleans, and loads data sources in minutes. This assists with analyzing data quickly with easy visualizations and rapid data analytics. We help clients address their toughest challenges when working with data and provide quick, easy-to-use solutions. DataDistillr is led by seasoned professionals with proven and diverse expertise in traditional and contemporary technologies.
We are looking for a Java professional with the experience and skills listed below to work in an ever-changing startup environment. We are building an application leveraging Apache Drill as a query engine with a goal of enabling analysts in large organizations to quickly and easily access and query their data.
Key Technical Skills and Experience
- Familiarity with database and query engine theory.
- Experience developing database or query engine software.
- Experience with distributed and multithreaded software development.
- Familiarity with big data software systems and data interchange formats.
- Experience working in large, >=100k LOC, code bases . If you subtract boilerplate like license headers, Drill is probably around 500k LOC.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Software development in Java and other languages as necessary
- Designing, implementing and testing new features in databases, query engines, or microservices.
- Testing and debugging the correctness, performance and stability of various software systems and services
- Helping to lead open source community efforts (design discussions, code reviews, managing bug reports, etc.) in Apache Drill and other projects
- Reviewing code from other engineers
- Learning new technologies and languages as needs arise and teaching or co-learning with other team members
- Deploying and configuring various services and software, including databases, analytical engines, web servers, load balancers, etc.
- Must be patient and able to handle rapidly changing requirements
- Must be open to communication with various teams at various technical levels, as well as non-technical co-workers, sales staff, and clients
- Must be able to manage your own time in a remote and asynchronous environment
- Must be proactive about communication when synchronous collaboration is needed
Salary & Benefits
$100-180k depending on experience and expertise + generous benefits package including fully covered healthcare, vision, dental, life insurance, and STD/LTD coverage, unlimited PTO, 100% remote work option, 401k, WFH allowance, company laptop, and stock options.
DataDistillr is an EEO/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.