Operations Escrow Officer
If you’re good at what you do, you can work anywhere. If you’re the best at what you do, come work for Doma.
Want to infuse a $34B sector of the insurance and real estate industry with predictive analytics and a tech-forward customer experience? Join Doma and send an entirely new type of real estate model into the world.
Doma offers solutions for lenders, real estate professionals, title agents, and homeowners that make closings vastly simpler and more efficient, reducing cost and increasing customer satisfaction.
- People First - We communicate with honesty and respect to our customers, colleagues, and partners.
- Better Together - We believe diversity, equity and inclusion creates value through the differences in our backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
- Solution Driven - We encourage calculated risk-taking, and we know that some of our best learning happens by making mistakes along the way.
- Act with Integrity - We hold ourselves to the highest ethical standards in all of our business practices.
About the role
The Operations Escrow Officer has significant national title and escrow closing experience They are responsible for executing Refinance closings with timeliness, expertise, and precision They will proactively meet customer needs and provide a delightful closing experience. They exhibit company values, collaborate with their leaders to create an efficient, enjoyable work environment.
- Communicate, timely, professionally and courteously with our borrower and lender customers
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of lenders
- Identify and understand curative issues that require attention/resolution and direct communication with lender or borrower
- Communicate with borrower or lender to resolve curative issues as needed
- Document preparation for necessary items including but not limited to conveyance Deeds and Subordinations where legally permitted
- Prepare final closing package, including final settlement statements, revised CDs, borrower proceeds preferences, borrower affidavits, and more
- Perform pre-close quality review of all title and escrow documents
- Review lender documents for accuracy (review vesting page, signature pages, riders, deeds, ensure loan amount matches CD, ensure document dates match schedule dates)
- Review and understand lender instructions in their entirety
- Complete closings in a timely and high-quality manner
- Prepare files for final policy generation, recording, and settlement statement
- Confirm vesting during balancing
- Ensure all invoices are obtained and funds collected prior to close
- Balance a closing disclosure
- Ensure that closing documents are delivered to the notary for signing (ensure all signers are present for closing and that document packages are delivered to signing agent/notary portal)
- Verify signing details and accuracy of signed loan documents
- Perform post-close file reviews for accuracy of payoffs, vesting, and lender documents for the disbursement of funds
- Adhere to established quality and compliance standards
- Effectively manage and resolve escalations
- 10+ years of title & escrow experience with demonstrated success.
- Proven customer service experience
- Review and understand title search
- Possess ability to understand advanced title and curative items
- Ability to speak comfortably with Executive Level associates from Lender Partners
- Have a driven, positive attitude and ability to work as a team player
- Solution Driven
- Recognize and mitigate potential risk to organization
- Must understand title search/commitment content and requirements to clear for closing
- Excellent phone, email, face-to-face and remote communication skills with the
- Ability to handle heavy call volume effectively
- The ability to operate in a strategic and forward-thinking manner
- The ability to multitask, focus as required and to be proactive
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, metrics-driven work environment
- Attention to detail and organizational skills, knowledge of general escrow practices, title insurance and regulatory guidelines, and legal documents
- Open minded to process changes, continuous system updates and enhancements
- Proficient in using various computer programs and ability to navigate educational company provided resources.
- Diverse Lender experience required
- Effective time management
- Must be local to Arlington, TX and willing to work in office on a hybrid schedule
- Resware experience a plus!
This job is also eligible for the following compensation components: Commissions
How we’ll value you and make your life a bit easier:
We offer a comprehensive package of benefits to eligible employees: medical/dental/vision insurance, 401(k), generous vacation time, and paid bonding leave.
Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, or any other form of compensation that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
We believe the most valuable investment we can make is to build an outstanding team of colleagues and leaders who are passionate about our mission.
We currently offer the following benefits to all Full-Time employees:
- Work/Life Balance - We encourage taking Paid Time Off (PTO)!
- 12 Weeks of Paid Family Bonding Leave (Maternity and Paternity)
- Incredible medical, dental, and vision benefits options to allow you to customize to you and your family’s needs that all start on your first day of employment
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- 401K with company match program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Commuter Flexible Spending Account (i.e. Transit or Parking)
- Supplemental Life and AD&D Insurance
- Auto & Home Insurance Group Life Insurance
- Critical Illness, Injury and Hospital Insurance
- Pet Insurance
We believe in Equal Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.