Senior Software Engineer (Insurtech / AI)
About us: EvolutionIQ’s mission is to improve the lives of injured and disabled workers and enable them to return to the workforce, saving billions of dollars in avoidable costs and lost productivity to the US and global economies and make insurance more affordable for everyone. We are currently experiencing massive growth and to accomplish our goals, we are hiring world-class talent who want to help build and scale internally, and transform the insurance space. We’re backed by First Round Capital, FirstMark Capital, Foundation Capital, Brewer Lane Ventures, and have been named as Inc.’s top places to work! Our headquarters is in NYC and we are also remote friendly for many of our roles.
We're on a mission to build the world's leading AI platform that will transform the insurance industry making insurance better, faster and cheaper for everyone. We develop machines with deep comprehension and vast data access to guide humans to the optimal decisions and enable them to handle enormous numbers of claims. We pair the predictive insights with an intuitive and easy to use web application that handles complex claim summarization, guidance and investigation workflows. The result is potential savings in the hundreds of millions, and added precision to insurance pricing.
Our Team: We are founded by a senior Google AI expert and a Bridgewater Associates Algorithmic Investor & Stanford MBA. We’re not looking for employees. We’re looking for partners in work, partners in culture-building, and partners in the future of data-driven insurance. The development team consists of world class engineers and leaders from companies like Google and Bloomberg. Each individual has had great success building large scale enterprise software and is now excited to try their hand at transforming the insurance industry.
About You: You are a seasoned software engineer, a first-principles thinker who takes pride in rapidly learning new domains and technologies. Your track record demonstrates an unwavering commitment to delivering high-value solutions to customers while upholding superior technical standards. You have the ability to contribute across the whole stack and thrive in a cross-functional team. At EvolutionIQ, you will have the opportunity to broaden your technical horizons and be a part of an innovative team that is integrating cutting-edge Large Language Models (LLMs) in its AI-native products. Your expertise and adaptability will be instrumental as we navigate this exciting technological frontier.
In this Role You Will:
- Build a complex multi-tenant enterprise SaaS application to revolutionize the insurance industry
- You'll be a key contributor to EvolutionIQ’s unified claims platform working closely with data science and data engineering teams to build a robust, scalable and intuitive web application
- Build and maintain the backend REST server that feeds machine learning data and BI (Business Intelligence) data to our intuitive React frontend
- Own the entire lifecycle of designing, building and launching enterprise applications
- Work in greenfield projects where you have high levels of ownership
- Work directly with the head of product, the data science team, UX designers, and end users
- Have a key role and ownership in shaping the future of Evolution IQ’s products – from technology choices to building the roadmap
- Provide crucial technical expertise, introduce new best practices to the team, drive consistency across all teams, and help prioritize features to increase our client impact
- Continue to grow and learn in the engineering space with a focus on business problems that use large-scale structured and unstructured datasets
- Extensive experience going through the full feature development life cycle: Working with product managers, deciding scope, designing a database schema for representing the data, considering the serving needs, working with designers to figure out UX, implementing the interface, and finally maintaining the feature/system
- 5+ years of engineering experience
- Expert in Python Development
- Experience with NodeJS and Typescript
- Strong Relational Database design
- Experience designing, building and launching backend architectures that support multi-tenant, multi-user scenarios
- Ability to remain agile and move between rapid prototyping and stable production development
- Ability to write technical design documents, perform code reviews, and maintain state of the art engineering practices
- You know the critical questions to ask in order to understand a client’s business problem and can show the business impact of your technical solutions
- Team player who is solutions-oriented and exudes our ambitious, collaborative, and empathetic values
- You have crisp written and verbal communication skills and the ability to effectively correspond between technical and non-technical audiences
- A self-starter mindset with an eagerness to solve previously unsolved problems
- Excellent collaboration skills and are open to giving and receiving critical feedback across teams
Work-life, Culture & Perks:
- Compensation: The salary range for this role is $180-210k plus equity with flexibility
- Well-Being: Full medical, dental, vision, short- & long-term disability, 401k matching. 100% of the employee contribution up to 3% and 50% of the next 2%
- Work/Life Balance: Work from home / work from NYC (whether you’re local to NYC or visiting us on a company-paid trip), or join us at our annual company offsite. We also have a flexible vacation policy and are closed for winter break at the end of the year.
- Home & Family: Flexible PTO, 100% paid parental leave (4 months for primary caregivers and 3 months for secondary caregivers), sick days, paid time off. For new parents returning to work we offer a flexible schedule. We also offer sleep training to help you and your family navigate life schedules with a newborn
- Office Life: Catered lunches, happy hours, and pet-friendly office space. $500 for your in home office setup and $200/year for upgrades every year after your initial setup
- Growth & Training: $1,000/year for each employee for professional development, as well as upskilling opportunities internally
- Sponsorship: We are open to sponsoring candidates currently in the U.S. who need to transfer their active H1-B visa
EvolutionIQ appreciates your interest in our company as a place of employment. EvolutionIQ is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees
Something looks off?